Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Fun


Well, we had another great weekend. Tiring but fun. My parents came to town and we all spent the weekend looking at different venues to have our wedding.

WOW! I had all kinds of emotions during the search. Each venue we would visit I would get excited thinking it was 'the one' but when it came down to it we want to do what is easiest for our guests giving that most of them will be traveling from out of town.

We don't have a contract signed yet so I won't reveal where we are going to do it yet. Aside from just looking at venues my parents also took us to dinner in celebration of our engagement.

Two days of work this week and then we're headed to the beach! That's right -- we're driving to the Outerbanks tomorrow evening where we will spend the rest of the week with friends.

Me and my Dad

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to do a wedding website!

Unknown said...

I should have added... mywedding.com is a cute one.

starnes family said...

I was thinking just that, too.....the knot or such. So fun!

Glad you had a good time looking at venues. Enjoy each step and keep a journal or scrapbook.....it would be fun to look back one day to see it all come together.

You need one more thing to do right now, anyway, right? :)

Coco said...

I am just now catching up. So fun! Your ring is beautiful! It is very similar to mine, very traditional, which is JUST what I wanted.

Love all your ideas, it is so much fun to get to watch all of this unfold.

SASS said...

Can't wait to hear more! Love wedding planning :)

Domestic Diva said...

Love these pictures...GOOD times!
Oh I have an award for you!
xxxx me