Wednesday, July 22, 2009

RIP Uncle David


I know blogs are generally about happy and fun things but in my opinion they're about real life more than anything.
This post isn't the most uplifting of all posts but I hope it inspires one to hug their family and tell them that you love them.
I've told you about my Uncle David in previous posts. Giving that all of my grandfathers were deceased before I was born he's really the only 'grandfather type' I've ever know. His wife, my Aunt Jane, is 16 years older than my Mom and she more or less raised my Mom because their Mom(my grandmother) died when my Mom was only 3-years old.
To make a long story short -- we grew spending holidays, etc up at my Aunt Jane and Uncle David's.
He succumbed to cancer though this past Saturday morning at 8:55am(CST). It was a long battle with prostate cancer that went into his bones but he was a fighter and much of it was for my Aunt Jane, who was his beloved wife for more than 56-years.
I am sitting in the Memphis airport now on my way to Charlotte from the funeral, etc.. and am reflecting on just how important family is.
The picture above is from October of 2007. Again, go now and kiss your family and tell them you love them.
I know I have and will continue to do so.

My cousins and I at the funeral.
They are all 'actual' grandchildren of Uncle David -- I of course am a niece but was treated as part of the group by them and my Aunt and Uncle.

My Aunt Jane. She has a long road ahead of her as she and my Uncle lived together for 56-years.
Please keep her in your prayers.

3 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

My prayers go out to you and your family!!
HUGS!!
xxxx me

Coco said...

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Sweet post.

(and I had to laugh a little with you taking a pic with your cousins at the funeral.)

(kick ass brown dress by the way.)

teresa-bug said...

What great memories you will always have! I wish you and your family peace.