Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wedding Planning - Is it just me?


So, I’ve started wedding planning and I have to say I’m not as into as I thought I ‘might’ be. Maybe it’s because I’m older? I will be 34 next month….

The only thing I’m being particular about is keeping it simple! To be honest I would be have chosen to run to Hawaii and get married with our immediate family and close friends there. That wasn’t an option though. Before we ever got engaged Brad and I came to an agreement that we would have a wedding with all our friends there and it would be here in town or somewhere nearby.

I mean seriously though – I’m really not into looking at the wedding magazines – I think all the hoopla is kinda of dumb. I just want it to be pretty, and fun! Forget the 60 vendors and drama! That’s why I’m choosing to do everything in one place to keep the vendor list down….

So, is it just me? Why am I not giddy like some 20-something about all this wedding stuff?

3 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

I had hubbie plan the wedding with me....as I really didn't care about any of it. I just wanted to throw the best dam party ever. Great band....open bar...lobster and fillet in Hawaii...what more can you do?
After seeing the bar bill....let's just say it was a time to be had!!! I don't think anyone cares...they are just so excited to be part of it!! I am sure your wedding is going to beyond fabulous!!!
xxxxx me

The Lenzers said...

As an older adult (ok that sounds tacky but I don't mean it that away-I was 29 and MArk 35) getting married, you realize it is about the marraige and not the wedding. You do want a fun party but chances are you are paying for a lot of it too, which makes a huge difference. It did for us. That is why we went the simple way and got married on a cruise. Alot of friends/family could not come, so I get why you are having it at home. Just remember it is about ya'll!! And besides, simple is so much more beautiful than too much, in the flowers, the dress, the decor....everything-I like simple, elegant.

Coco said...

No, it isn't you. I was in 11 weddings and when Adam and I decided to tie the knot, we just went to St Thomas. JUST the two of us, and then my parents threw us a huge party at there house.

SO MUCH FUN! I highly recommend if that is an option for you. So non stressful. And I love being the center of attention so everyone was shocked I didn't go for the big dress and wedding. Not at all and have no regrets.