Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I LOVE Fall!

It was 48-degrees here in the Carolinas this morning! YAY! I can't wait to bust out the sweaters and boots!

Fall is by far my favorite season and for many reasons.

Here are just a few:
the gorgeous foliage! check out this shot of the Blue Ridge Parkway! Again, I'm just 2-hours from here. Love living in the Carolinas.

Pumpkins! I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when I have kids. One of my first photo sessions with them would be in a pumpkin patch. Love it!

I love cooking with pumpkins and squashes during the fall. My favorite is baking an acorn squash with butter, pecans and brown sugar and cinnamon. Good for you too!

Hiking! There is no better time to be in the mountains! This was from last year. Me and my hiking buddy Kelli are heading up to the BRP the weekend of October 24th(Brad's bachelor party weekend).

And last but not least! College football! This picture was from last year's SC vs. LSU game in early October.

What are your favorite things about Fall? Happy Humpday!

6 comments:

The Lenzers said...

My faves are all the same!! I love my house to smell like pumpkin pie and baking apples. I love the windows open with a cool breeze coming in and wearing boots (of course). This year I am buying new ones-i hope!! I wish I lived somewhere that I could see that much foliage like you have there. I can remember as a kid taking drives to look at all the leaves. I thought it was stupid back then, but now I know why my parents did it.

starnes family said...

All of the above + candy corn, Halloween, casseroles and soups.

I did a "Fall Favorites" post each day last year in October. Might do it again this year.

starnes family said...

PS - that drive on Blue Ridge Parkway is gorgeous. Love a pretty fall drive!

Monica said...

I love EVERYTHING about Fall!

SASS said...

YAY! I love this post! Cute pic of you and The Buddy, too.

I love to decorate, go for walks/runs, carve pumpkins, pretty much anything involving AUTUMNESS! It rhymes with AWESOMENESS!

Wow, sorry that was obnoxious.

If the shoe FITZ said...

I love halloween pumpkin candy...the ones that are like candy corns.
I a just excited to wear regular clothes again...kinda worked out that I won't be pregnant with a season change! Can't wait to wear boots and sweaters...i love layers! not that it gets that cold here...it's still in the 80s and 90s here!