Thursday, September 17, 2009

Veil or No Veil?

That is the question..............

I haven't posted too much about wedding stuff latley because honestly - most everything is nailed down. Really we're focusing on renting my place out and combining households. More on that in a later post.

As far as the veil...
I'm leaning towards 'no veil'.

#1. I tried some on when I went dress shopping and wasn't sold on the way I looked.

#2. Brad doesn't want me to wear one. He think it's old fashioned - but I'm not worried about what he thinks.

#3. $300 for a veil?? WTF?!

#4. Most people only wear them for the ceremony. So, what's the point?

Here's my friend Beth. She chose not to wear one. I saw the pictures of her with one on and it just is not her. Plus.. she's short and petite like me and it kinda consumed her.

I know one thing -- if I do choose to wear one it WON'T be on like this.. Way too much for lil' me!

And.. if I do choose one.. It would be more on the lines of this.

What do you gals/guys think?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOVE the new banner picture! Y'all are too cute! My vote is "no veil."

Jessi said...

I wore one for the ceremony only....very very simple and to the train of my dress, I thought it stood out less that way...I was on the fence too, but my groom wanted one, so he got one for the ceremony and then it was OFF...I had a pretty pin in my hair that I wanted to show off.I'll try to send/post a picture if I can find one.

donatelli98 said...

I only wore mine for the ceremony too - go with your gut and whatever looks best on you. What does your mom say? Love the new pic and your comment about not caring what Brad thinks - LMAO!

SASS said...

I'm having that problem, too. I feel like it takes away from my face, hair, dress, back, etc. I like the one you're leaning towards, but the prices are insane.
I'm still looking at the bird cage ones. People keep telling me I'll just look like a girl in a white dress without a veil. BS! You'll know I'm the bride unless you're an idiot.
Go with what looks/feels best!

If the shoe FITZ said...

My sister in law had a very short veil...like it wasn't barley to her shoulders and looked amazing...very classy. she only wore it for the ceremony.

I think if you have fancy hair, and maybe some sort of accessory no veil would be good. totally your preference though.
when you try them on and they look dumb and you feel dumb in it...then don't do it.

If the shoe FITZ said...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.llwon.com/images/veils_length.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.llwon.com/faq3.html&h=336&w=389&sz=12&tbnid=Za_DGBsN0TFtiM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtypes%2Bof%2Bveils&usg=__mesYaDDqxPzmjZ-_BFmbxs2Cwbc=&ei=b4CySo-uDYP0NbK7-MML&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=5&ct=image

see above link...my sis in law had the shortest one..it was so cute b/c she's very petite.

Alexis said...

If I was to plan a wedding right I think I'd learn towards the birdcage hat veil like this- http://www.theincrediblebride.com/blog_images/birdcage-hat-veil-skiles-photography.jpg

starnes family said...

I like them, but it can be done well without. You'll be darling either way.

The Lenzers said...

i kind of like the tradition of veils, but would never pay $300 for one.that's crazy!!

Monica said...

My sister did no veil and just a huge (fake) flower in her hair and it was gorgeous! I'm thinking I might do the same b/c it was so pretty and different.