Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Moving to the Burbs.....

So much going on these days and I know it will be this way for quite some time now. The latest – I will be moving to the burbs in one-month when we start renting my place out.

That’s right, I’m leaving:
* my historic neighborhood lined with oak and magnolia trees(great for walking)
* walking to the bars and restaurants I’ve frequented for 7-years.
* my 1 and half-mile drive to work.
* the condo that I just love because it’s been all mine.

BUT…it’s all for the better. Because:
· I’m moving in with my honey and soon to be hubby, the love of my life and most important my b/f/f(seriously).
· His place is nearly 3x’s the size of mine. More room for my junk!
· I can still keep all my furniture.
· I get to redecorate a place that has a clean palette. The man has 3 floors and only 4 things on the wall in the entire place, there’s no paint, and the same builders lighting. That means a lot of fun for Dee!

We both know living together will be an adjustment especially for me! I haven’t had a roommate since 1998! Can you believe? Just The Buddy for 4-years.

In honor of my beloved condo. I thought I would share a few pictures of the place before I start dismantling it. These were taken for the Craigslist listing.

Happy Tuesday!

front porch..

kitchen...

view from the back door..Heyy..Buddy!!

View from the front door..

Taking you down the hallway. A co-worker of mine at Fox Charlotte painted that painting at the end of the hall.

Office..this is Buddy's spot. We're letting Robyn and Jeff(Brad's brother and wife)keep this sofa bed for us until we get a house with a basement(Brad's dream)..

another office view..

Guest bathroom..

Another view of the guest bathroom..

Bedroom...yes, you can tell I took the theme of gold and red throughout the house. I'm a bit traditional..

My bathroom..

My upgraded shower that I paid dearly for but totally enjoy. I squeegie it everyday!

9 comments:

starnes family said...

Change in good....even though it's hard to leave things behind. I know you'll embrace it!

SASS said...

I'm jealous! A clean palette for decorating is too much fun. I've been trying to talk Tony into moving before we get married so we can have a "married house". He's not as enthusiastic....
Love your condo-I loved living alone, too, it was an adjustment. But as long as I get Sarah Time at home for a couple hours I survive ;)

donatelli98 said...

Great townhome - love it - but you and Buddy will love your new place with Brad! A good kind of change!

If the shoe FITZ said...

I love your place! It's just darling!

Allyson and Dave said...

Your place is super nice!!! I cannot wait to see what you do with the new place. And I love how Buddy sneaks into the pictures.

The Lenzers said...

You'll be toting the kiddos and driving a minivan before you know it! ha. It will be a great adventure you 2 (3) are starting together. Can't wait to see the "new" place!

Britney said...

Hi! Nice to "meet" you :)

LOVE your condo, so freaking cute. And I agree with Casey, change is good! I also am VERY jelaous of all the fun you are going to be having decorating; enjoy it for us all!

Alexis said...

It is such a great little place! I wish I was renting it from you... I'm going to miss having somewhere to stay when I've got an uptown function, let alone coming over to hang out and walk to Jack's or P. Stone. But the move means Bean and Buddy have a bigger place to chase each other through when they have sleep overs :-)

cw said...

3 stories!! can i move in with you guys?? you can "adopt" me...lol....