Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bachelorette Party Details..

As I’ve mentioned before I’m an older bride(meaning not 25-years old) and after being in several weddings myself I have taken stock on what I want and what I do not want.

One of the things I have VERY strong feelings about is a bachelorette party. To be honest I knew when I was 25(now I’m 34) that I did not be one of those brides that had a veil strapped onto my head with a ‘suck a buck’ shirt on running around the French Quarter or any bar district for that matter. No offense to any of you ladies who have done that – it’s just not Dee’s thing.

Another thing I wanted to make sure of was that I wasn’t doing my bachelorette party the month prior to the wedding. The reason being is most of my friends live outside of Charlotte and I want them to come but not feel strapped for $$ because they’re flying here back to back months.

Keep in mind – I’m not doing a traditional bridal shower because I have always thought those were SO VERY BORING! Who wants to fly here and watch me open a place setting or towels. If people are going to spend $$ to come. Let’s have some FUN!

So – saying that. Here are the plans for my bachelorette bash.

On the weekend of November the 7th - several b/f/f's will arrive in town. They'll join me, my Charlotte area friends, and Brad's Mom and my Mom on a limo bus like this one.

You ask why not a limo? Because it looks like we have 14-ladies who join me on this adventure.
We'll pack into here with mimosas in hand around 10am Saturday morning.

Then we'll head up to here. Shelton Vineyard in Dobson, NC. Yes, it will be peak Fall so it might look like this the day we are there.

The group will have lunch and wine at the winery's awesome restaurant that overlooks the vineyards and we'll have a little lingerie shower. Afterwards a tasting.

Then -- we'll get back into our limo bus and head here. Stoney Knoll Winery - which is the same area. We'll do another tasting there. Then we'll head back to Charlotte(1 and half hours away).

I would like to fit another winery in but doesn't look like we'll have time.
Afterwards all the out-of-towners will stay at 'our' place so noone has to pay for a hotel. I'll have more food and drinks for anyone who's in town and wants to stay and party as well.
We'll watch college football, visit and have a good time.
Sounds like a perfect day to me!
Thanks to Rebekah and my cousin Alayna for helping with everything! MUAH! Can't wait to see all my ladies!

10 comments:

If the shoe FITZ said...

sounds like a perfect girls day!

donatelli98 said...

Sounds fab - I think that is an awesome plan for a bachelorett bash! Can't wait to see pictures!

starnes family said...

Yep, you got it covered. Love your ideas.....practical, fun and tasteful!

teresa-bug said...

Sounds lovely!

Monica said...

Thanks for your comment. This looks like such a FUN gathering. I think I am very much like you...totally not into that "party girl" stuff. I'm 30, but my soul is probably 80! Haha!

SASS said...

Sounds awesome! I worked at a bar a couple years ago. It was a Bachelorette Party magnet. I was stuck cleaning up everything penis until the wee hours of the morning.
That looks like a BLAST! Good thinking!

Anonymous said...

sounds like the most perfect day to me!
thanks for asking about the moss bungalow and the floods. all is well, no flooding in our neighborhood(thank God).

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect!! Have so much fun!!

Alexis said...

MAN! I am sad I'm going to miss this!

Alayna said...

folks, don't be tardy for the party. Looking forward to all the festivities!