Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas on the Beach

A lot of you weren't following my blog one year ago so you won't remember this post. So, go and read it again.

In the post I talked about my dream Christmas of skiing the Rockies instead of the traditional holiday at home. Well, the only snow skiers on my side of the family(immediate) would be Brad and myself. So... instead.

DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!


We are going here!! The Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort in the Bahamas!! That's right! Me, Brad, my brother, his girlfriend and my parents are all flying in before Christmas and leaving a few days later.

Can I get a WOOHOO!!???

I proposed the idea and everyone went for it! This will be our gifts to each other as we all are paying our own way there, etc.
We figured we might as well do it now before we have kids. Right?

We are still celebrating Christmas(just a bit early)with Brad's family so we WILL exchange gifts with them.

We are stoked!!

Again, as I wrote last year I'm still hosting my holiday cookie exchange and decking the halls in our casa we just won't be here to enjoy it on Christmas. Instead, we'll be snorkeling in the Caribbean!

Is this something you guys would be up for? Destination Christmas??

18 comments:

If the shoe FITZ said...

So fun! I would totally do it....but maybe a few years ago. Too many brothers and sisters and now cousins etc. Enjoy...it'll be so fun!

Unknown said...

yayyyyy!!!!!! - my friends Dad owns a ton of properties in the Bahamas - and get this - OWNS a plane - I KNOW INSANE RIGHT! -- ahh to live that life - ENJOY your vacation *jealous*

I Do Declare said...

I would totally love this! I think you'll have a blast! I love flying into a warm place during the winter, changing from boots to flip-flops in the airport. You'll be so sas + tan for New Years parties, too!

Sunshine In The City said...

I would totally be up for this but I'm not sure how the family would feel about it.

The Jones Family said...

AMAZING!

Monica said...

Looks like a BLAST! I think it doesn't matter where you are for Christmas as long as you are surrounded by those you love. I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Jen said...

I'm sooo jealous!! Take me with! Take me with! ;-)

donatelli98 said...

Looks like an awesome way to spend the holidays!! Have fun!

MCW said...

We have talked about it as a family, but I need a cold Christmas! I would be all for going December 26th!
So exciting!

Nikki said...

Lucky! We did a family Christmas in Mexico once, I totally agree you got a do it once or twice before the kids.

Have a blast!

The Rand's said...

Sounds wonderful!

The Lenzers said...

super great idea!!!!!

DSS said...

ABSOLUTELY!! Sign me up :) I'm so excited for you. Sounds like absolute bliss. Hmmm..wonder if I could talk my mother into the islands for Christmas?

The Soladay Family said...

I'd be all over it! Awesome!

starnes family said...

Awesome, Dee!

Life is short. Christmas in the Caribbean sounds like a blast. Enjoy every minute!

Sara said...

I would love it!! We used to do destination Thanksgiving and it was a blast. Christmas on the beach?? What could be better?? So fun!! You never know....it may just become a tradition. Your future kiddos would love that.

Little Match Girl said...

That sounds like to much fun! Enjoy!

SASS said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I've always wanted to do this!!! Have a BLAST and keep us posted as you plan! So much fun!