Monday, November 15, 2010

Chh-Chh-CHANGES!


Big changes are about to take place in Dee’s World! We found out last week that Brad will now be working at the same company I work for! In fact, he’s going to be working in the same building as me too! Just five floors down.

So – what does this mean?

Hmmm…

Well, giving that it costs anywhere from $100 to $200 to park in Uptown Charlotte a month– it means that we will be commuting together. OR.. at least we should commute together.

Here’s the exchange Brad and I had recently:

Brad: Yeh – I will probably just pay to have my own spot Uptown. You lolly-gag in the morning and I’m ready to go. Plus.. we already spend tons of time together this might be too much.

Dee: Seriously? You’re willing to spend over a $100 a month, plus gas, plus miles on the cars just to be able to drive by yourself and listen to sports talk radio without me?
WOW!! That’s retarded! Especially, since I asked to spend $100 a month on a maid and you refused saying we can clean ourselves and save $1200 a year!

Brad: Well, we’ll see. We can test it out.

Dee: I’m willing to get up earlier, etc. I know there will be days where it doesn’t make sense but overall it’s just dumb to drive 2 cars to a workplace that’s 17 miles from our house!

All in all – the jury is still out. Should be life changing. In a sense. LOL!

Also – Brad is pretty determined that I misplaced his SS card that he needs to show the company before he can be hired. We tore the house up over the weekend trying to find it and had no luck.

BUT.. guess what good wifeee did? Told him to ask his Mom if she happened to have one. Guess what? She does!! Aww.. good wifeee…good wife. Problem SOLVED!

16 comments:

Allyson and Dave said...

Why do men always loose their SS cards?? Dave has 3 of them. He keeps loosing it and having to get a new one. One time I found one of them on the garage floor.

donatelli98 said...

Nice job wife! I thought you were going to say you were expecting!

Nikki said...

Hmmm...lunch breaks are about to get interesting ;)

I lost my ss card all the time. I must have a high level of testosterone ore something.

Alayna said...

another banker to add to the group! LOL. Glad to hear the good news. I say drive together, and you can both take public transport from time to time if you need "alone" time.
Is it Friday yet?

Unknown said...

I am laughing....so "Brad"!

starnes family said...

Interesting dilemma. Can't wait to hear how it turns out! Blake and I would make it work for the $$ savings alone, but we also have 3 kids. Every dollar counts. :)

Dee said...

Oh girl, I don't think I could work with my hubby 5 days a week! We'd drive each other nuts! Not to mention his road rage would drive me to drinking!! Good luck lol!

Sara said...

Wow! That's a lot of togetherness!! :) Good luck with the whole commuting thing. I'm kind of like Brad. I like to have my own car so that I can leave when I want to leave and not have to wait on anyone. That's probably because Trey will be late for his own funeral though.

Congrats to B on his new job!!!

Monica said...

I'm on both sides. I hate to waste money, but I truly enjoy my alone time during my to and from work commute. Hmmm.

merrilee said...

Quite the dilemma. You have to try it,and I'm sure it will be fine. I would totally be with you to save $$....my husband is the spender in our household.

MCW said...

So cute. I guess I could see wanting some "alone" time...maybe he could just wear blinders like a horse and ear plugs on the ride?

The Jones Family said...

Eish... I'm torn. Save money but have my own car with my music, my routes, my pace...

Good luck :)

Mrs. Potts said...

Too funny.
Mr. Potts & I used to commute to Ballantyne together. I enjoyed the ride in with him. He admits he still sometimes misses me riding in with him.

I Do Declare said...

Oh girl...hold your ground - use that money for a housekeeper!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Too funny...I can totally picture Brad in this convo...men sometimes! However, I say stay strong on the housekeeper! It's life changing in an amazing way, somehow I managed to get one and I don't even really "work" at the moment ;)

BlackLOG said...

I've been car sharing for over 10 years. Not with my wife mind. Top tip if you struggle with music or radio stations choice go with Talking Books....

Even bigger top tip don't listen to any Kafka....