Friday, November 26, 2010

Our First Thanksgiving!

This was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple! First time hosting as a married couple too!! What fun!!

Here's a quick recap with pictures.

My centerpieces. Like I've said before I like realistic centerpieces for holiday tables so there is actually room to place food on the table and see the person across the table.

Pre-dinner cocktails and apps.

The Table!
We had 11 adults and 2 kids at our feast!

The place cards.

My Mom's awesome fresh apple cake!

Brad was on turkey duty. He and his Dad fried the little guy up.

It was hard to get a group shot but here are two attempts.

As for the champagne toast. We didn't do bubbles but we did drink wine and went around the table to say what we were thankful for. To be honest..I realized I didn't have enough flutes and scratched the bubbles idea.
While we ate Buddy ate his Thanksgiving too.

Kiddos!

All the parents. Brad's, mine and Robyn's Mom traveled in from St. Louis.

Cutest.picture.ever of Reed and Daddy!

Now it's time for a little football! My LSU Tigers take on the Arkansas Razorbacks tommorow and it's always a big one in our family because my Dad it a Hog fan!
GEAUX TIGERS!

8 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Looks great and sounds like it turned out to be a perfect day!

starnes family said...

Geaux Tigers!!!!!!

Love the placecards. Super cute. I love the thought of recycling Halloween items like that.

Great centerpiece!

The Soladay Family said...

Yeah for your first Thanksgiving as a married couple! Your table looks beautiful.

Oh.....and go HOGS!!!

It's going to be a great game!

The Lenzers said...

you did good!!!!! what a beautiful table

I Do Declare said...

Evertyhing looked perfect!! Really! Your table looked so pretty, and your mom's cake - yum!!! I'm sure your guests were so impressed. I'm sorry about your Tigers, though - what a game! This is a good weekend to have married into the Hokies.

donatelli98 said...

Your table looked awesome!! Love fried turkey!!

Sara said...

It all looked great! Good job!!!

Nikki said...

I LOVE your table cloth! Where is it from?!!

Looks like a wonderful thanksgiving. The centerpieces turned out great and that turkey looks like deep fried perfection.

Hope you enjoyed your family and friends!