Thursday, November 4, 2010

Updates

I might have been misleading yesterday. I don't really have any big news or scoop instead just updates on life around here.

Sorry bloggies! I WISH I had some big news.. but no go.


So here's what I have today.


Some of our close friends had to put their beagle Jessy down this morning. Hers had doggy Alzheimers among other things. She's the beagle in the front here and was sweet and cute as can be. They rescued her a few years ago knowing she wouldn't have too many years. Such good people.

Buddy will miss her as will the rest of us. At least K and P have Drue(the beagle in the back)left.


RIP Jessy. We just know there is a chocolate pie waiting for you in doggy heaven.

We didn't do anything for Halloween. I know...lame. I did manage to throw together treat bags for our niece and nephew though.

My nametags suck since my handwriting sucks but the bags were full of all sorts of treats and treasures.

Including mummy hands. Brad thought they were clever not knowing that people have been making these for years.

We went with Robyn and group of friends to see her get her hair cut off! She starts chemo this next Monday and wanted to go ahead and prepare herself for hair loss.

Sassy or what?! The haircut event was a blast and the salon was great to let us all invade their space!

Afterwards we all hit the town at a local restaurant/bar.

We drank and danced! Good times for sure!

And.. on Sunday I left town and got to spend a few days with my Mom. I love her so much. Quality Mother/Daughter time.

It's Thursday and we don't have any big plans this weekend except an engagement party. What have you all been up to!

11 comments:

donatelli98 said...

I've missed you ... was wondering what was going on. Glad you got to spend some time with your mom! The haircut celebration looks like a lot of fyn. Robyn looks great!!

starnes family said...

So sorry about the doggy. :(

Love the haircut.....Robyn does look great!

Mrs. Potts said...

I hate when people have to put their doggies (or any animal) to sleep. :(

I don't know if you know this, but Carmen CArmen (at least Cotswold that I know of) does a special event once a month for cancer patients/survivors where they shut down the salon to other customers & open it up to survivors. I think (could be a bit off) they offer their services for free.

xoxo

Nikki said...

Your Mom is gorgeous! I wouldn't worry about aging at all with those genes.

Cute halloween treats. What a nice Aunt. Sorry about the pups. It's so hard to lose pets. I'm not looking forward to it. Although I suppose there would be a problem with me if I did.

Dee said...

That's so brave of your friend to do!! I loved watching my Mom shave hers when she decided to do it!! Hugs boo!

MCW said...

I like Robyn's hair! Good luck to her next week...

The Jones Family said...

Robyn really does look great. Will be saying more prayers for her, and thinking of her next week.

Sorry about your friends doggy.

Cute pic of you and your mom!

The Soladay Family said...

When one of my best friends went through chemo, she did the same thing. Prayers to Robyn.

Poor doogie. =(

You and your mom are beautiful!

The Lenzers said...

robyn's hair looks great! sorry about the puppy! too hard! glad all is well. missing you!

SASS said...

Doggie heaven :( So sad!
Robyn is so brave. That is one sassy cut!!! What a fun idea for all of you to go and support her.
Love me some mother daughter time, too! (Love your hat!)

Jenny DB said...

That's so sad to hear about Jessy but honestly that dog lived a happy few last years of his life - it's so hard for older dogs to get out of shelters so sounds like your friends are VERY good people!

Look at you soooo crafty with those little treat bags :-) AMAZING!!! New follower here via DSS. Look forward to reading more soon. Happy Friday!