Friday, November 19, 2010

Animal House

I decided to go ahead and do this post today after reading my friend Casey's entry where she talked about her daughter's obsession with stuffed cats.

No stuffed cats in our house but instead a sh--tload of stuffed AKC dog toys! Holy cow it's retarded!

I guess I'm partly to blame since I've bought many of them but my Mom and MIL are part of the problem too.

Check out part of the crew. Most of them are ducks but there is also a chipmunk, squirrel, mauled rabbit and more.

Where some dogs just look at their toys Buddy is totally into playing with his. We're constantly having toys brought to us while we're trying to watch TV, sleep, etc.

As for his favorite?
Hmmm.. probably the bummed out rabbit but truly he likes them all.

My favorites? The ones with no stuffing so I don't have to see him pull it all out leaving me to clean it up!

What dog toys do you buy? What is your pet's fav?

Happy Friday! I have a full weekend that starts in a few hours with me pouring wine at the local Beaujolais Festival! Should be a blast! CIAO!

6 comments:

donatelli98 said...

My aunt's dogs love the kongs! They are Newfoundlands - she has two! Sweet but very drooly! I loved the Budster - he is so cute!!

Monica said...

My dogs love Nylabones, but I think I will be taking those away since I just spent $434 yesterday on 2 root canals for Max. One tooth just broke off! It's time to stick with the soft plush toys I think. Similar to what Buddy has.

Nikki said...

We buy the tough toys...and they still never survive!

Have a good weekend.

The Lenzers said...

can't believe they are still "alive". Precious tears toys up in under 5 minutes. We used to buy them just to time her...too funny

starnes family said...

How cute. I used to comb the French Market in NOLA for quirky toys for our basset in college. I always loved buying him funny things like that.

Thanks for the shout out!

ps - I'm sending the book idea to my Aunt Mary, who lives in Hammond, for Lainey!

Little Match Girl said...

Poppy destroys most of the plush toys I buy her so I have started to buy nylabones and teething toys (even though she is 16 months). If she doesn't have those I am afriad she will continue her shewing of my couch and armchair!