Sunday, November 14, 2010

What's Been Going on Here

Hey bloggies! I can't believe I haven't posted in a week but much of that is because there has been a lot going on. Thanks for all your sympathy this week!

I'm tired and am glad we had no major plans this weekend aside from a dinner party tonight.

Soooo....Here's what's been going on in Dee's world.

LSU has been rockin' the casbah. Even so-- we won't be traveling to the SEC Championship in December because Auburn was able to beat Georgia after all last night.

Oh.. well.

I'm a good LSU mommy and dress Budster up for game days too even though he's not as enthused.
This picture was taken last Saturday when we beat BAMA!

Also, last weekend -- Brad and I went to an engagement party for my Jr. League friend Ieva and her soon to be hubby Brad.
Good times..

As most of you know by my last post I traveled to Arkansas to attend my Uncle Delmer's funeral.
Yes, our family is weird and takes pictures at funerals. Here's one of the many photo displays they had in memory of him.

Uncle Delmer was buried next to his brother, Gary and his wife, my Aunt Bobbie. This was the first time I've seen their tombstone and I have to say -- it took my breath away. I still can't believe they are no longer on this earth. I miss them both dearly.

These are Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Gary's daughters -- my cousins. Again, I know it's weird but it's times like this that we try and take pictures since we are literally the only family members to live out of state.

During the course of the week I got to see family I haven't seen in years. Like my cousin Cory seen below. He's Uncle Delmer's grandson and has just returned from his 2nd deployment to Iraq. He's home for good now.

I couldn't figure out who he reminded me of then it dawned on me.

The late Heath Ledger. You think so too?

On Wednesday morning as we sat and ate breakfast at my Aunt Betty and Uncle Jimmy's house we saw this guy in the back yard. It's blurry because I took it through a window.

Uncle MJ(on the left)is a professional fisherman and wanted to be sure to fry us up some of his latest catch before we left.
Here's him and Uncle Jimmy getting their 'cook on'. And yes - in case you're wondering -- the fresh bass were AWESOME!

And.. as I mentioned in my last post. Then there were four. My Mom kept saying "four little Indians left".
I hope to God this time next year I'm not posting about only three being left. I'm not sure I can take much more of this. Losing 3 uncles in a year is just too much for Dee.

Moving on to happier times.....

Blogging Buddy "T" from DSS was in Charlotte this weekend and I met up with her to watch a little Hokie football.
Just as I expected her to be. Cool chick! I think we could have talked and hung for hours! I need to make a trip to small town VA very soon!

And.. last but not least.
My friend Karen came over today and we tested out a few Thanksgiving recipes from the latest issue of Bon Appetit magazine.

I made this sweet potato pudding with pecan and ginger snap topping. Click here for the recipe! To die for!!
That's all I have for today! More to come tomorrow!!

10 comments:

Jo said...

You've been busy lady! Sorry to hear about your uncle.

The recipe looks amazing ~ I'm going to try it for our Thanksgving spread.

Have a great week ~
Jo

MCW said...

Sorry again about your uncle.

I do live Uncle MJ's overalls! He is so darn cute.

Very jealous that you and DSS got to meet! I will meet you two soon!!!

Allyson and Dave said...

You family pictures turned out nice...even if they were taken at a funeral. I don't see anything wrong with that. Most people would rather their funeral be a celebration of life anyways.

The Jones Family said...

Our family is just as weird. It's what makes us all, us...

Happy you are home and getting some rest.

Lyns said...

I want to hear more about that pudding! Ping me at work if you have any leftovers. :-) I am making the old-fashioned kind right now and just posted the recipe on my blog, but yours looks like a great updated version.

The Soladay Family said...

So sorry about your uncle. I'm glad you were able to reconnect with family.

You know the LSU/Arkansas game is just around the cornor....=)

Nikki said...

I don't think it's wierd you take photos at funerals, how else are we to remember?

Cute dress and that sweet potato pudding looks amazing!

Little Match Girl said...

Sorry for your family's loss.

That recipe looks soooo good!

donatelli98 said...

Glad you are back home!! We take pictures at funerals too! Crazy southern families!

The Lenzers said...

UM, brad....share a car AND get a maid! mark would never car pool either! men, god love 'em! we take funeral pictures too. it must be a southern thing,