Saturday, November 20, 2010

Honesty

I have not totally been open and honest on this blog but tonight I think I'm ready. Nothing bad...but just open about my feelings.

So..here it goes.

B is gone and I'm home doing nothing. Is that bad?

I've been such a bum this weekend...or have I?

I poured wine at a festival last night and went home early because I was tired from hanging out with my hubby(B)the night before.
I was in bed and sleeping by 10pm.

Um..we don't have kids. Should I be out "hooping" it up instead?

Who knows. I know that I have no desire.

Today I spent my time getting ready for my week. Grocery shopping, laundry, trying to figure out drapes, ironing.
Then, I went and spent time with my SIL and my niece and nephew. I made my niece and nephew a thankful turkey(thanks Casey), took them coloring books, had quality time/talks with my SIL..but all I could think about doing is coming home and being quiet.

Is that weird?

I think I'm getting old or something? I'm sitting here right now drinking a glass of wine with my 48-Hours show on pause so I can fast forward through the commercials.

I feel so lame.

Most people my age are putting kids to bed. BUT, some, or maybe a lot, are out getting drunk, hanging out downtown, dancing their a==es off.

What I'm trying to say is that..I'm in this phase where all I can think about is with my life "with" kids. But I have none except my canine one.

Just hope it happens.

I know some of you bloggy friends might know where I'm coming from.
But...this is BIG for me to come out in public with.

I'm thinking it's OK since I'm 35 years old and it's time.
Back to my show kids.
Happy Saturday. night..................

14 comments:

MCW said...

Um. I am single, live in NYC and reading your blog on a Saturday night. No judgment here! I had an extremely long day and week and am actually quite enjoying staying in. I did have to shut my windows so I couldn't heard everyone out and be tempted!

starnes family said...

Cute, MCW.

I think you're falling right into place, Dee! I'm one of the exceptions that started at age 25. And, by surprise! I love my life now, but often wish Blake and I had the time that you and Brad are having.

We had none of it. We jumped right in. Enjoy your life now and know that once you have kids, there is no way to go back. So, a night alone with a glass of wine and TV and decorating sounds lovely to me. :)

I'm always here if you need to chat. Phone, text, email, etc.......anytime!

And, I applaud you for your honesty.

The Lenzers said...

Totally normal...your biological clock is just tick tocking away! Happened to me. Sometimes I dream of going out. But if we are being honest here, I love my life, but wish M would enjoy it with me! I will PM you later.

Allyson and Dave said...

I know that feeling. I never blog about it but we have been trying for a year now with no luck. It seems like everyone around me is having babies. It is really frustrating. But sometimes I jut have to take a step back in enjoy the fact that we can drop everything and go out for a fancy dinner and then out to the bars downtown. None of my Mommy friends can do that. So enjoy it while it lasts.

The Jones Family said...

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

great post! i completely understand where you're coming from.

Mrs. Potts said...

Nothing wrong with this at all. That thinking about your life with kids is normal. I hope it will happen for you - exactly as you dream about.

xo

If the shoe FITZ said...

Yup enjoy it all! I was away all weekend and the hubs had a four day weekend to live it up and all he did was stay home!

donatelli98 said...

Not weird at all - totally normal. It's such a hard spot to be in - knowing you want kids but also knowing you should enjoy your time with Brad before you have them. Nothing wrong with staying in and relaxing - do whatever makes you feel good not what you think others think you should be doing (that was a little wordy). Thinking of you!!!

Unknown said...

I think that's totally normal. You're gonna hit a point where bars are lame now and drunk people spilling drinks on you is more annoying than it ever was before. Once you get into that 'kid/pregnant' frame of mind it changes you. You'll crave quiet times and relaxing. I did the exact same thing. Good luck this week!

SASS said...

Aw Dee!! You're so cute when you're honest! Enjoy it. I often wonder the same thing when the girls aren't here. I miss them and it's quiet and I wish we had our own that live here all the time. But, it will happen in due time.
For you, too! Baby Buddy will always have a furry snuggle for you (like my Jos). It will happen, love. Hang in there! And hey, being alone is awesome. I want to be alone most of the time, and I'm not that weird. Right?
:I

Alayna said...

Very excited at the though of your family possibly growing in the near future. I'm enjoying searching for LSU baby items - LOL. Love you.

Alayna said...

thought.....

I Do Declare said...

Not weird at all - you've just lived my dream day!!! I love down time that's "me" time!!!