Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Thanks for all the comments on our Thanksgiving feast! So fun! My parents stayed in town an extra day and spent the night with Brad and I.

I took advantage of my Mom's creative skills and had her help put up our tree.

Here's the end product! The first picture is blurry but the second looks crooked. Sorry about the sh--tty photography.

I bought this cranberry/gold velvet ribbon at the end of the season last year knowing that I wanted a new look for our tree.

Brad's comment on the tree? "I'm impressed! It looks like a professional decorator tree!"

As I pulled out all the Christmas decor I realized all the things I bought at the end of the season last year and got excited! I forgot about half of it including this door knob holder!

Yes, I busted out Buddy's holiday scarf too! Budster was super spoiled during the holiday and is getting back into his normal routine which includes NOT jumping on the table and stalking people down while they eat.

Another new piece of Christmas decor is this super cute Santa that my MIL made for us! She even put a bone in Santa's hand with Buddy's name on it!

He was placed in the perfect spot by the fireplace.

I have a ton more decorating to do and will post pictures when it is complete. I plan on finishing it this week as it looks like we will have visitors for the ACC Championship this weekend here in Charlotte...yep.. Virginia Tech is playing in it.
As for the LSU game against Arkansas? No comment.
I seriously blocked someone on Facebook this weekend because of their rude comments regarding the game. It's a game people. It's all in good fun. Get over it.
Oh..BTW -- today was day one in Brad and I commuting to work together. So far so good!!
Happy Holidays!

18 comments:

donatelli98 said...

I was thinking of you this weekend ... FSU is playing the Hokies next weekend! Are y'all going? Good luck but I hope my Noles can pull it out! Your tree looks awesome - love Brad's comment! Score for the Hubby! Can't wait to see how the commuting goes!!

The Jones Family said...

Glad the ride to work went well :)

Your tree is so pretty! I'm still working on mine. My 2 year old keeps rearranging my ornaments! Terd!

Hubs and I stopped watching the game, I'll just say that.

Allyson and Dave said...

I did the same thing!! I opened up my Christmas boxes and found a ton of ornaments I bought on sale last year. I was so excited!

I Do Declare said...

Pretty tree! Buddy looks so handsome + festive, too!!!

Summer Athena said...

It does look fantastic! I want one. :(

Ok, um, NON-LSU fans - ugh! Not sure why they like to say we smell like corndogs and are obnoxious. A friend of a friend that went to Auburn wrote all about LSU fans and there were a lot of hits below the belt. Not cool. AT ALL!

FROGGITY! said...

ah yes. well. dee. you can always savor the lsu v. ole miss game. we really suck this year. REALLY REALLY badly...even though i enjoyed the game. it was so bad that my 4 year old (rebel)was yelling 'go tigers'... she picked them out, said she liked them better, and poured salt in my wounds. sadness.

:)

but the saints won, so i am happy.

loving the decor!!!!

Sara said...

Tree looks great!!! We got ours up on Saturday, but I still need a tree topper. Gotta figure out what to do this year.

Love Buddy's holiday scarf. Such a cutie!

Sarah Ann said...

I love the ribbon all over the tree!!

Nikki said...

Ah so he decided to save some money and spend time with his wife? Good choice Brad! ;)

Your tree is beautiful! It does look professional. Send your Mother this way please!

teresa-bug said...

I always love having help decorating the tree. I am not getting one this year. : (

starnes family said...

I was at the movies, so escaped the sadness of the game. Blake said we had lots of opportunities to win, but missed them all.

Oh, well.

Great tree! Love all the decor.

The Lenzers said...

love the ribbon on the tree, i plan on doing that when the kids are out of the grabbing stage! people are so tacky about sports sometimes! can't wait to hear the commuting to work works out! prayers for you

The Soladay Family said...

Go Hogs! Okay...that's all I'll say. It was a great game though. All around.

Tree looks great, and I love the Santa with Buddy's name on it!

MCW said...

I am getting ready to decorate for Christmas too! Such a pretty tree...

The Rand's said...

Pretty tree! I always love pulling out all the Christmas decor and being surprised with new stuff!

Someone said...

its looking alot like christmas in my house too :}D

SASS said...

Love the tree! I always pull out the Christmas stuff and forget how much random on sale shit I bought. All put to good use! :)
Cute Buddy scarf! Josie has too much damn fur for such cute things :(

Anonymous said...

Both the Christmas tree & your Thanksgiving decorations look great! Glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving!!!