Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ready For the 4th! And..One Year Ago

It's almost the Fourth of July!! YAY!! Those who have been reading my blog for the past year know that it's my favorite holiday!

I looked back at some of my favorite 4th memories here last year.

But..it was as soon as I wrote that post that this happened just as the 4th holiday weekend got started.

So, it's certain that this will ALWAYS be my favorite from now on out.

Why do I love the holiday so much? Well, it's America's birthday for one thing!! How proud I am to Be An American!(don't you just love that Lee Greenwood song? Met him once..that's another post)

Here's some of my 4th of July favorites:

Fireworks -- Bombs bursting in air!!

Seeing Old Glory flown everywhere you look. It also reminds me of what our service men and women are doing and have done for us. Yes....you know I'm patriotic.

Another 4th favorite?? Grilling.. the smell, the tradition.. the whole thing.

And.. I forgot to put the picture up but is it just me or what would the 4th be without watermelon!!!???
LOVES it!!(Brad's not a fan though)
And.. of course, family and friends!
What are your favorites about the 4th of July?? What are your plans?? We're hitting up the lake then maybe some whitewater action!! :)
CIAO!1

10 comments:

Sara said...

I love all of the same things you do - seeing the American flags all over the place, grilling, spending time with friends and family. I love the whole tradition!

And the 3 day weekend isn't bad either :)

We're having a party at our house because we have a perfect view of all the firework shows in the area. Should be fun!

Melissa said...

The fourth is my all-time favorite holiday! I love the warm weather, the delicious foods (watermelon is my all-time favorite fruit!), and spending time with family. Unlike Christmas and Thanksgiving and other holidays, where everyone seems stressed and frazzled from everything else surrounding the holiday itself, the 4th is all about relaxing, hanging with friends and family, and celebrating the great country that we are so blessed to live in!

Sounds like you have some fun plans, can't wait to hear all about them :)

Coco said...

I love it all. Our neighborhood has a parade and it is a tradition to go over to a friends down the street mimosas and bloody maries, donuts for the kids and a then they ride in the parade on their bikes and scooters. I LOVE IT!!!!

And watching the fireworks from our back porch while food on the grill.

donatelli98 said...

Everything you said - the pride people show in America (I wish they showed it all of the time) - grilling, hanging out by the pool, homeade icecream, ice cold beer! What's not to like??

MCW said...

What a freakin' fantastic year you have had!!! Happy 4th (a little early!)

SASS said...

Love it! I must have started following you soon after that post. So cute! I never read the story of your engagement!
We're headed to a nearby lake with friends on the 3rd and have the girls for grill out and fireworks on the 4th. Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Jones Family said...

I missed this post for some reason! I hope you are having an amazing 4th of July weekend!

Kelly said...

Hi, hope you have a great week. I left you a blog award http://www.kellysavenue.com/2010/07/blog-award.html