Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Recap

Super busy here now that the holiday is over but a quick post and pictures from our weekend. We stayed up at the in-law's lake house instead of coming back to Charlotte.

The weather was perfect -- 80's, sunny with a breeze. We spent the entire weekend outside playing in the water, boating and sitting on the dock sipping a few.

Our usual pontoon shot.

The kids(niece and nephew)enjoyed playing in the water and being outside too!

That is.....until you get a splinter in your foot because you're walking around without your Crocs on!!
LOL!! Classic picture! I've seen a few that my parents took of me back in the day that resemble this.

Not having it.. oh.. well.. the splinter stayed.

Later on the little monkeys got cleaned up and ready for some 4th of July action!!(July 3rd style). Buddy did too(see in the back)..but he was more about sniffing at that moment.

Then.. on the actual '4th of July' I took it upon myself to ride the intertube behind the ski boat. Keep in mind........
This was the first time I've done this since probably high school or college. Good times fo sho..

BUT... between getting thrown all over the place on a tube + riding the jet-ski for an hour in rough water = A VERY SORE DEE!
I am so not young anymore. I could barely get out of bed yesterday. Maybe I need to workout more?

Getting some love from Paige...

Love from Buddy...

American style dinner. Hot dogs and burgers..

And later.. shooting off more fireworks. The kids were a little scared here and there.


Late night boat ride to see fireworks. I might get in big trouble if certain people were to see me with this Hokie Jersey on. That's okay -- we root for both - LSU and VT in our house!


How was your 4th of July??

8 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Great pics! You are brave... I haven't been tubing in years either. I was sore from walking the lazy river for 3 days in a row!

Maci and your niece had the same holiday swim suit! :)

Dee said...

Ours was really quiet and relaxing, just the way we wanted it!

donatelli98 said...

Looks like fun! Love the last pic with the windsocks and you look great in the Hokie jersey!

Sara said...

Your poor nephew...splinters are no fun!! Bet he wore his crocs the rest of the weekend.

Cute pics!

Our 4th was pretty good except that H is cutting teeth again which = CRANKY.

MCW said...

Love that pic of you in the Hookie T...so natural and pretty!
Looks like a great weekend. I have not been tubing since high school. I am sure I would be just as sore as you!!!!

Mrs. Potts said...

It looks like you had a great 4th weekend. Wasn't the weather perfect? Sigh - I'm thinking we're back to the 90's until October.

Nice while we had it though, right?

Coco said...

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun. I adore all of your hats, I need to start wearing more hats.

I tubed last summer and was miserable.

The Rand's said...

A boat and the lake on the 4th sounds just perfect! We had the same American meal--hamburgers and hot dogs. Yummy!

Love the pink hat! Cute pic!