Thursday, July 22, 2010

All in the Family

The state of North Carolina seems to be 'All in the Family' these days. In the next 2-years a majority of both my family and hubby's family will live in the Tarheel state.

Seems crazy to me. I never in a million years would have thought that I would be living here. In fact, when I recently looked back at my senior scrapbook from high school I had written that I thought in 20 years I would be living in Baton Rouge. Don't get me wrong - I love BR but would not want to live there anymore.

So, this post is about news I received today. My 94-year old grandmother 'Maw Maw' is moving to Charlotte!

A few months back she fell in her house and broke her femur. Since then she has been living in a rehab facility and the doctor said she could not go back to living alone in her home.
SOOOO.. she's moving to the Queen City to live with my cousin and her husband.

I never in my wildest dreams thought that Maw Maw would actually leave Hot Springs, AR but she is!! That means we'll get to see her more!

Right now -- all of Brad's immediate family lives in and around Charlotte and soon mine will too as not only Maw Maw is moving here but in 2012 my parents are moving to Eastern NC!
(BTW - this picture is CIRCA 2006)

The only ones left to move to the area? My brother and his kids. THAT I think will never happen.
They heart Baton Rouge way too much.
That's it for today kids!

7 comments:

Little Match Girl said...

you are so lucky to be surrounded by family and loved ones!

SASS said...

Yay Maw Maw! I can't imagine living too far from my family. 30 minutes seems so far sometimes- only a couple family members live outside Kansas City. I miss them so!
Love that picture of you and Brad and Maw Maw- and your sweater from the 2006 pic!

MCW said...

Sorry Maw Maw is losing her independence, but it will be amazing to have her so close!

donatelli98 said...

How fun! I wish my Mam-ma lived closer! Enjoy your time with her!

The Lenzers said...

aw, so sweet! i have a mawmaw too!!! yeah

Sara said...

All of my family lives in town and I love it!! Kind of makes it hard during the holidays because you have to go to 15,000 places, but it's worth it :)

Yay for Maw-Maw!! She looks great for her age.

The Jones Family said...

How neat! Can't imagine not having my family here either. So happy for you that they will all be close in the near future :)