Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm ENGAGED!

More details to come............but I'm the happiest girl on this earth right now ;)

Nothing fancy but I was TOTALLY caught off guard.

After 10-days on the road Brad came home and decided to cook us dinner last night before we head to the lake house today.

He told me he had a gift and it was so sweet. It was a box of premium chocolates from Vermont along with a sweet card saying he had missed me. We were drinking a bottle of wine that we had gotten in Napa and I mentioned that the SUPER expensive bottle that we bought and had arrived yesterday as well would be saved for when we got engaged. Had no clue we would be drinking it in less than an hour.

THEN.. he told me he had one more gift. I seriously thought it was going to be a bottle of Vermont syrup but it wasn't. It was a ring............

No talks of wedding plans until after this fabulous weekend.

Talk about another July 4th weekend memory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ciao!

7 comments:

If the shoe FITZ said...

YEAH!!! Even though I don't know you...after your anniversary post I felt like it was coming soon.
CONGRATS! Enjoy your engagement.

Allyson and Dave said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

Coco said...

CONGRATS!!!! What a wonderful announcement and what a wonderful Fourth of July weekend you are going to have!!!!!

starnes family said...

Deanna!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!! I have been wondering when it would happen. You gusy are such a great couple. I am so happy for you!

donatelli98 said...

That is so awesome - congratulations!! Woo hoo!!

Kara Edwards said...

Dee-

Just wanted to say congratulations again! Such an exciting weekend, and it sounds like the proposal was PERFECT! I can't wait to see pictures!

:)
Kara

Kaycubs said...

Aw, yay!! Now you finally get to pick out the bridesmaid dresses!

I'm very happy for you!