Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Swimsuit Talk

The big swimsuit debate.....
One piece versus bikini.

I told Brad earlier this summer that I need/want to buy a one piece. ESPECIALLY after I tubed in a bikini!

His reaction: 'no way grandma!!'

I know I'm not a Mommy yet(meaning..wrestling with kids on the beach) but seriously -- shouldn't every girl have a one piece hanging around??
I don't think one like this looks too grandma - do you?

I'm not showing you gals/guys these next few photos because I think I have a 'rockin' body -- because we know that's not the case.

I have several different swimsuits as I'm sure you all do. I have a tankini but haven't worn it in over a year so I bought this more modest swimsuit for a friend's wedding a few years ago. I did this because I wanted to be sure my girls would be secure in front of family.

It's a Tommy Bahama suit that fits snug and I like it. Brad on the other hand??
WOW..
Every time I attempt to wear it he shrieks.
'Just AWFUL!'....
So, I've quit wearing it around him. Interesting huh? I still like it.
Instead Brad prefers this pink swimsuit instead and others that I have. He thinks it's 'less grandma' than the Tommy Bahama one.

What do you gals/girls think? Do you prefer a one piece, tankini, something with more support, or just plain sexy?
Again, I'm not some six pack ab chick looking for thongs...but maybe you are?
Thoughts..comments??

14 comments:

donatelli98 said...

As a mom who doesn't have a bikini body I prefer a tankini. I have been wearing them for several years. I like Lands End - they even have a mini bottom too. Mr. ESPN was saying the other day how he wishes I wore a bikini - I told him I did when we were first married ... he doesn't even remember! Ultimately you have to feel comfortable in it! I like the TB one - I think it is cute. But I think Brad is hilarious with his opinions!

The Jones Family said...

I prefer a tankini too. I'm all about being comfortable when chasing my kids around.

I liked both your suits!

Little Match Girl said...

First of all you look amazing! Second, I won't lie, I don't even own a bikini. All my swimsuits are one pieces and I don't think they are grandma. There are some really cute ones that I think can flatter any shape! Good luck!

The Soladay Family said...

I love a cute bikini as long as I can still make it work but have seen so many cute tankinis lately. Oneday I will definitely be sporting one! I think you are being way too hard on yourself. You look awesome! I especially like the Tommy Bahama one on you!!

The Lenzers said...

i prefer a tankini, less to see of my white stomach. that first bikini pic is super cute, i love that suit. but the one piece pic you put up is sexy not granny! whatever makes you feel good, this summer that is nothing for me!!! ok, thats my bitch fest for the day!

SASS said...

Haahaha grandma. You're a hottie!! Love the pics.
You know I have this one:http://activeladieswear.com/images/Juicy-CoutureBeach-Shirred-Halter-One-Piece-Swimsuit.jpg

Juicy Couture, classic black. BUT it's way low in the front and low in the back. Modest, but I can play with the girls/tube/ski etc. without flashing anyone. I've flashed so many people. It was a must in my swimsuit collection. Tankinis work, too, but the biggest part of my body is my lovehandles, so tankinis don't look good on me. No bueno.
Do what works for your bod and makes you comfy!

Allyson and Dave said...

I have not owned a one piece since I was 12. But I do have a couple of modest Tommy Bahama swim suits. That is as modest as I get in the water. I did find the cutest Juicy one piece at The Nordstrom Rack the other day. But I will save that for after kids. I can't bare the thought of pale belly just yet.

MCW said...

I am all for bikini's and I do not have a perfect bod by any means...I think one pieces make me look heavier. Although with my boobs it can take FOREVER to find the right one!!!

Sara said...

Coco turned me on to J Crew's swing top this year and I love it! Comes in all different colors and you can pair it up with a cute bottom. String bikini or whatever....

The Rand's said...

I pretty much own all one pieces or tankinis. I have one bikini but is only worn in my backyard.
I think you look great in your TB bikini and the others, too! But whatever you feel comfortable in is what's important!

Coco said...

I still wear string bottoms and either bandeaus or halter tops. I do have a swing top from JCrew that I wear sometimes but with a pair of string bottoms.

Can't bust out the one piece yet.

Jen said...

I love both and I'll wear both but babe, that first suit is stunning!! That's so something I'd wear.

xo

Kelly Beatty said...

Dee! You look great in a bikini. You have a perfectly shaped "bikini body." I am not trying to offend people that wear tankini's but I don't really like them. For me. Or for you. Probably a lot of people look great in a bikini but maybe feel more comfortable in a tankini...I like the pink one, too!

Carol said...

I have still worn bikinis but have been asking myself the last couple of years when am I suppose to stop wearing bikinis?!?! I imagine with the bun in the oven I won't be wearing anymore bikinis but who knows. I will say the year before last I bought a two piece with a skirt on the bottom and even though I felt a little like a grandma it was the most comfortable I've even been in a bathing suit because my "problem areas" (butt and thighs) were covered. It did make for a very unattractive tan line...trust me you want your "problem area" to be tan!