Thursday, July 8, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Not a whole lot going on around here but a lot of random thoughts. Here we go:
* I'm over the Lebron hype I just hope he stays in Cleveland because that's where my bestie Kathleen lives and it he helps their economy.

* Traffic driving into work this week has been light. I'm thinking because of the 4th people are vacaying. Makes me want to vacay. Ahh..just one more week until I'm at the beach for a long weekend.

* I'm trying to get my friend Mark to get me tickets to see the musical Mary Poppins. The show is playing here on my birthday weekend and I think it would be perfect. I mentioned it to Brad and can you guess what his reaction was? 'Umm..you're going to have to find a friend to go with you.'
MP is my all-time favorite Disney movie.

* My best friend/maid of honor is having to leave Tampa and move back to Dallas and they.are.BUMMED.
They are big beach people and hubs is a HUGE Gator Fan and they're having to leave both behind.
But..on the bright side -- maybe I'll actually make it to the Big D and meet a lot of you blog friends!?

* Over the weekend my MIL gave me around 20 fresh tomatoes and I made my sauce again with them. Can you say yummy to my tummy! We made a chicken parm with it last night and we're once again wowed at how good it was!

* We're having a cookout at the house this weekend. Very last minute decision but I'm super excited because 12 people have already RSVP'ed YES! I'm open to any fun side dish recipes so send them my way!

* I got my Electrolux serviced last night. I think they are one of the best vacuums around. Up until 3-years ago when I bought my new one I was still using my parents old one from the 80's! Brad think it's retarded how much I paid for it but oh well! That was one of my big purchases when I was single!

* My cousin Kendra had a baby boy yesterday and named him Bentley. Different indeed but it's growing on me. Brad likes it a whole lot.

Well, that's it! It's Thursday and almost the weekend!! What's up with you gals/guys?

11 comments:

Coco said...

Get a Dyson. Seriously, life changing.

Bentley? We will talk about that name off the blog.

Side dishes? I will email you a few super easy and fast ones that people will think that you spent a lot of time on.

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Business must be booming in Dallas, seems like everyone is moving to Dallas lately. My hair is big enough to be a Dallas Diva, I would fit in jusr right.

The Jones Family said...

Oh, I'm DYING to see Mary Poppins! Another one of my all time favs too. Hope you get to see it!

Have fun this weekend!

The Rand's said...

Oh, so hope you get to see Mary Poppins!
Have fun this weekend! You'll have to let us know what side dishes you choose!

starnes family said...

So sad they're leaving Florida. :(

Enjoy your fun evening entertaining!

Carrie Darney said...

LOVE the name Bentley!! SO cute!! Regal...

OK, yes come to Dallas...I suck at entertaining but I'm sure with the other ladies we can show you a good time!!

Sara said...

I'll email you a few good dishes too. Between Coco and I...you should be good to go! :)

I swear, Coco's Dyson give her an orgasm. No joke.

MCW said...

I saw Mary Poppins on Broadway and it was really cute. Not childish at all..
So, my friends rented a house in the Hamptons. We were kind of snooping to find out who owned the house...guess who's house it is???
JULIE ANDREWS!!!! No lie.

donatelli98 said...

I have a Dyson too - I used to love it more than I do now. It's good but it sure doesn't make me love vacuuming! I have heard mixed reviews about Mary Poppins - some loved it and some hated it. I loved loved loved the movie! One of my all time favorites.

The Soladay Family said...

Coco....life changing...do tell. See, I had one light years ago, but it didn't do anything for me. Perhaps that was because I was married to my ex.

Oh! Sorry, Dee! This is YOUR blog! I digress. Now I feel sorry for Cleveland. I didn't even think about it hurting their economy. Sad.
I would love to see MP too. ALways been a fav of mine. Even my boys can stomach it!

Have a fun weekend!

Mrs. Potts said...

I love BBQ's like that. :)

I have an Oreck - partly because I worked for them at one point & partly because of a 21 year warranty! Whoo Hoo!!

Mary Poppins - so sad about that. I wanted to take the munchkins & my mom, but the decent tickets (where they'd be able to really see it) are too pricey for me (and for them being so young).