Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's Sunday

It's Sunday which is always a bummer to me because I know Monday is right around the corner. In college -- I HATED Sundays because of the same thing but mainly also because I knew I had to spend most of the day studying and doing homework.

A couple of years ago Sundays were fun because me and 2 of my friends decided to do 'dinner night'. We would rotate houses and when it was your week you would cook, provide drinks, etc. It was so fun because we would try new recipes and it gave you something to look forward to. We stopped doing it though because of some drama. Bummer....

So, this Sunday I've been on a The Hills kick and have now been watching episodes for 3 hours. Can you believe?? I haven't watched the show this year and said I wouldn't.....guess I lied? Brad is downstairs watching World Cup.

Moving on....
our cookout was a success. 12 people, tons of food and drinks and nearly everything was eaten!! I made goat cheese stuffed tomatoes and they were a hit!
I've never done them before but got the idea when a co-worker brought in a bunch of cherry tomatoes in from her garden and no one wanted them.

I didn't take a lot of pictures but here's one of my and a few of our friends.

BTW --- back to the Hills....anyone know what's up with Heidi and Spencer? I read that they're seperated but any other scoop on them??

10 comments:

MCW said...

LOL! I just got back from the gym and I am watching the Hills too. I just saw when Spencer brought Kristin a rock. WTF? He is a wack job. And I like how Heidi wants to get her boobs bigger to be an H like her name. hahahahahaha

SASS said...

Those tomatoes look super yum!! I love me a Sunday full of TV and snuggle time with the Tone. Although, I don't like Sundays either. So I cook a big fat dinner to make me feel better :)
Cute dress, btw!

Sara said...

I don't know what's going on with them. I do know that they are completely wacked out though!! Crystals, plastic surgeries, anger issues - nutso.

Those maters look delish!

The Jones Family said...

Ha, I've been on a hills kick too! Need to look into that Speidi gossip, they are freaking CRAZY!

Cute pic!

merrilee said...

Those tomatoes look delish! I am total closet Hills watcher. I feel a little silly considering my age, but I can't help myself....it is like watching a train wreck. Heidi and Spencer???? Total whack jobs!

Carrie Darney said...

I too am in love with the Hills. I DVR it every week. I really like Lo! She use to bug me to no end, but I'm starting to like her more. I've always liked Audrina...never understand her, but like her. Kristen...she is getting better...she doesn't seem as harsh...

I'm going to be sad when it is over!!

CUTE dress BTW!!

donatelli98 said...

I have always disliked Sundays for the same reason. Now I like them to just relax and regroup. Your tomatoes look great!

The Lenzers said...

looks yummy!!!

Spiedi sucks!!!! Heard they were splitting, but also heard it was to drum up more publicity

Allyson and Dave said...

Having friends over for dinner is always more fun and relaxing than going out.

I'maNolaGirl said...

Hi Dee!

Just had to come over and say Geaux Tigers!!

I hear you on the WW friendly maque choux! You know I was going to make it again this weekend for a beach friendly dinner we're having, but I'm using turkey bacon and fat free half and half!! I'll keep you posted on how it comes out!