Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recipe, Weekend and Random Crap..

So..I got made fun of for my post yesterday but at least a couple of other Carolina peeps got what I was talking about! HAHA!

Now onto the good stuff.

First off -- I miss The Buddy terribly!! Brad's parents mentioned wanting to keep him for the week and we thought it was a good idea since he's stuck in the house all day. At the lake he gets to roam free and chase squirrels.

BUT...we miss the pooch!! Kind of lonely around here. BOOHOO!! We won't see him until Sunday!

Moving on to tonight's dinner. Fabulous recipe from that blog I told Sass about. I've never even done WW but love this site.
This was a chicken francese with a roasted green bean recipe that my blogging buddy Sara gave me today. So love Sara's blog and her. I think if we lived in the same city we would be fast friends.

Brad and I drank this bottle of German wine the other night. I bought it on my trip to Germany three years ago last month!

I like collecting wine but I like drinking it even more. I saved this one because we met the 3-generation of winemakers who made it.

We even got them to sign the bottle for us!! My Mom bought one too and auctioned it off at a silent auction for $100.
It's a good thing we drank it now because it was on the verge of going bad. I could tell by the cork. It was fab! Not too sweet!

I'm in countdown to weekend mode. We are going to a friend's wedding near Williamsburg in a town called Gloucester, VA on the Chesapeake Bay.

Can't wait! We'll see our friends Chip and Olivia and the wedding is at this charming place on the Bay!

Brad and I both agree that it will be fun to be at a wedding and not in it!! LOL!! We're driving to Richmond to hang with 'our' cousin on Friday night.

Speaking of the wedding...this is what I plan to wear!

Likey? This is the dress my Mom bought me to go out in AFTER the wedding. As many of you know we DID NOT make it out. Go here for a refresher..
So, this will be the first time to wear this little dress! Question is...black heels and jewels or silver/rhinestones or gold??
Opinions?? That's it for tonight!!
CIAO!

10 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Food looks delish!

The wedding location looks Amazing! Can't wait to see more pics.

LOVE the dress. And truth is, you could do either shoe and look fab! I would probably go with the black but that's just me :)

Have fun this weekend!

donatelli98 said...

Cute dress! Get some pics and post them next week! I will have to check out that site for the dinner - looks delish!

Carol said...

Dee...I can't wait to check out the WW recipe blog. Your dress is super cute and I'd go with black too but I'm pretty blah when it comes to fashion, you on the other hand can totally pull off the bling!

Sara said...

Yay! Glad you like the green beans. And we would definitely be fast friend in "real" life :)

Ok, that wedding destination looks incredible. Charming is an understatement. Love it! Please take lots of pictures.

I'm kind of in a gold frenzy right now, so I'd go with gold. Love the color of that dress! Y'all have a great trip!!!

The Soladay Family said...

I say go for the silver or gold! Black is great but predictable. Work it, girl. Love the dress.

Sounds like a wonderful time ahead!

Unknown said...

I say silver! You seeing Wade Friday night? That'll be fun!

Unknown said...

Oh wait, I mean gold shoes...will be very cute!

{Kimber} said...

that dress I WANT IT!!!!! I think the black shoe :) can't wait to see pics

SASS said...

Metallics, metallics, metallics! Can't go wrong! Darling dress, can't wait to see you in it! That sounded creepy, but I'm serious. I need to post more clothes pics. I think I'll do that today.
Love that website! And that recipe looks major yum. Have to try that!
Yesterday when I was about to die, Josie was at the groomer. I was so sad. I needed my little furry snuggle baby and she wasn't there! Having a fur child is hard. ;)

starnes family said...

I like the metallics right now, too. Even Lainey is sporting gold sandals! Go for it.