Sunday, April 11, 2010

RIP DIXIE


I woke up this morning to a text from my cousin saying that Dixie Carter died. Can I tell you how bummed I am??

Designing Women is still one of my favorite shows! Love the reruns!

I have met both Dixie and Delta Burke and let me tell you. They are both as nice in person as they appeared to be on the show.

I met Dixie about 10-years ago in the Peabody Hotel in Memphis. I'll never forget. My Mom and I were in the bathroom and I walked out and saw her. My Mom was washing her hands and I ran back in and said...'MOM! Dixie Carter is about to walk in here!!'

She walked in and I had to say hi. I normally hate bothering celebs but I just love her. She saw my Mom and was like.. WOW! You and your Mom look alike and she looks fabulous! My Mom started talking to her about taking HGH and next thing you know?? She gave my Mom her card and digits!! NO KIDDING!!

Part of the reason she did that was because my Mom went to the same hairdresser as Dixie and my Mom knew that(and told her).

Anyhoo..they corresponded for some time.

Sorry for the ramble but I just a little stunned.
The news isn't saying how she died. I just wonder what happened???
Sad day in Hollywood.
RIP Dixie. A true southern woman who stayed true to her Southern Roots by living in her childhood farm in TN!(yes, she had a home in Hollywood too)

9 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

That is sad - I used to love Designing Women.

starnes family said...

Dixie and The Peabody Hotel? That's a match made in hospitality heaven. I love it.

I also loved the show......she was the best......her character and her grace.

The Jones Family said...

I hadn't heard that, how sad! My mom use to watch that show all the time.

FROGGITY! said...

oh i just love 1) designing women (and golden girls too for that matter) and the southernness of it all... and 2) how everyone in the south is TRULY connected. the fact that your mom and dixie corresponded is really, really cool.

she'll be missed!

p.s. saw that you are in the jr. league (in charlotte?)... one of my friends moved from there 2 years ago... she was in the league, wonder if you know each other?! she loved charlotte so much and said so many great things about it. :)

Sara said...

So sad. I adored that show and her!

I love Froggity's comment about how everyone in the South seems to be connected in some way. So very true. Love that!

donatelli98 said...

So sad - I had no idea - I have been out of the loop all weekend. I absolutely loved Julia Sugarbaker and the show!

{Kimber} said...

I hadn't heard that either...very sad! I used to love that show too!

The Lenzers said...

so sad...i heard cancer?

Monica said...

That is sad news. We saw her husband several years ago in Cali at Hamburger Hamlet. Also, LOVE the Peabody in Memphis!