Monday, April 12, 2010

Forty and Fabulous!

We had a FUN weekend despite suffering from allergies. The pollen here in the SE is OFF the charts right now. I have an appointment tomorrow to visit with a Ear, Nose & Throat doctor to find out a solution to help me cope.

This weekend we had 2 nights out in the Uptown area in a row!! Yeppers.. we hit my old hood Friday night then celebrated my friend Kelli's 40th birthday on Saturday night!

Here is Kelli. Her actual 40th was on Wednesday(where she was travelin on biz...ugh)..
I met her through a hiking group here in town about 2 years ago.

We hung out at her very Uptown condo at this historic building before heading out for dinner. I brought bubbles and cupcakes to celebrate the occasion!

A bottle of her favorite wine. Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay.

So fun!

Then we headed out for dinner at this place I've never before. I'm thinking Mrs. Potts has been here because I think she's a big sushi fan??
Here is Kelli and her boyfriend Blake that lives up in Asheville. Believe it or not we met him up there on a hiking weekend back in the fall. crazy..

Even though I LOVE wine I opted to drink liquor instead. One of my martinis.
I totally feel better the next day when I drink wine instead.

Then it was time for sushi! I'm not a big sushi person but Kelli LOVES it! and it was her birthday!

Even thought it's not my favorite I have to admit it that it was EXCELLENT!

Brad and I shared. These spicy tuna rolls rocked the casbah!

The whole crew.

I might poke your eye out! LOL! (after a few martinis)

Me and the birthday girl!! Happy 40th Kelli!!

11 comments:

starnes family said...

Great celebration, Dee! Looks like fun.....the cupcakes are darling.

The Jones Family said...

I'm loving your hair! So cute!

Glad you guys had a fun weekend!

{Kimber} said...

looks like fun...I love me some sushi!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

The cupcakes are so cute!
Looks like a lot of fun...and I love your hair!

Allyson and Dave said...

Birthday celebrations are such fun!!

Mrs. Potts said...

Did you go to Jacks on Friday?

I haven't been to Enso - we're so lame - the only thing we've done at the Epicentre is the bowling, Howl at the Moon & Whiskey River. Maybe a few other places, but you know what happens after a few drinks - you dont' remember where all you went!

Dee Stephens said...

Mrs. Potts... of course we went to Jacks, and Ed's and Pstone..
Enso is SOOO worth trying!

FROGGITY! said...

that looks like a whole lot of delicious! :) so fun.

Sara said...

The cupcakes and the sushi look DELISH! Oh...and the bubbly too! What a sweet celebration. And a sweet friend you are.
My birthday is October 11th. Just sayin.

SASS said...

YUM! Love me some sush!
A "few" martinis?!?! Good Lord, woman! No wonder you were hurtin so bad the next day!
I can barely drink one, and I refuse to do so in public. I get a little crazy. Crazier than normal, that is.
I'm lovin your hair!

Alayna said...

fun birthday for a fun birthday girl! Looks like you really made it a special night for Kelli.