Monday, April 19, 2010

The Silent Auction

One picture of the item I bought!
The top goes on and it's a chaffing dish(kinda).

One thing I will tell brides to register for(that I learned from blogs), register for an oven to table dishes.

This is a pyrex dish that has a platter, with a top, and looks fab!
I wish I had seen these online to register for before the wedding.
I didn't though..and still don't see these type of serving pieces at the big stores.

LOVE IT!! And............. I got it for only $40!(love silent auctions ---only wait for my post on things in my house I got at auction.you'll die fo sho!!)

5 comments:

The Soladay Family said...

I love this! I have always wanted an oven to table dish like this. I love the silver detail. It's very Arthur Courtish!

Sara said...

Is that Arthur Court? I have tons of that stuff. But then I switched everything to Wilton Armetale because it can go in the oven. Much easier!

Good buy!!! Gotta love those silent auctions!

{Kimber} said...

very purty!!

Coco said...

Gorgeous.

I too love silent auctions and seem to get in trouble every time.

I bid on a fox coat last time we were at one. Lost by $5. Thank GOD!!

Yellow Beads said...

I love silent auctions...I always get hotel nights and dinners!