Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Men and How They Wear Their Sunglasses

This is such a random post but one I have thought about doing for quite a while. Now that it's the season of sunglasses I thought it was time.

Sunglasses -- have you ever noticed the different ways men wear them when they are not on their face?

I never noticed it until I moved to the Carolinas but it's pretty interesting if you look for it.

Here's what I have come up with.

Here's the "preppy way" and I would say most men who live in South Carolina(especially Charleston) wear this way --with straps.

These are random pictures but all I could find.

Anyhoo -- they don't generally have plain straps yet ones with a palmetto tree and crescent(SC).
I like the look but have never dated a guy who wore these.

Second way men around these neck of the woods wear their sunglasses? On the back of their neck.

Here's a random picture of the Food Network's Guy wearing his this way.

I've always thought this way was a little strange even though I have dated guys who have done this. My question is......WHY??
Okay -- here's the way Brad wears his sunglasses -- and probably the most logical way to wear them.
On the head.

What do you prefer?? Have you ever noticed this before? I'm so gay.. I know.. sorry... LOL!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Trey kind of switches off between the strap and wearing them on his head. Depends on what he's doing. If he's fishing - definitely the strap!

I'm not a fan of wearing them like Guy on the back of the head. Not my cup of tea.

donatelli98 said...

D wears his on his head like that picture - sort of the top of the forehead and not all the way on top (like women do). Sometimes he wears them backwards like Guy.

{Kimber} said...

Now that you mention it I have known guys who do all three!! isn't that weird...i guess it's just preference!!

SASS said...

Tony does them on his shirt. I've NEVER seen the strap around here....but I'm SO annoyed by the back-of-the-head thing. Seriously. So dumb!

The Jones Family said...

Back of the head, that's just weird. My hubs will put them on his shirt, on his head or even on the back of his shirt? Strange :)

The Lenzers said...

mark wears his on his head. i do to, but this is about the boys right?! there is something about Guy I totally love, but not sure what it is. Great dish at the auction BTW!

FROGGITY! said...

lol!!!

sooooo true about the charleston 'croakies' ... generally with the palm and crescent and turned backwards....

my hubby just takes his off and puts them in his pocket or leaves em on or in the car...

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Girl love this post!!
You know I love a man with the strap. My honey has been wearing his like that since before we met. The strap is a "staple" in his wardrobe...along with sun visors. Get your hubby some croakies he would look so cute!
Have a great day missy!!

starnes family said...

I like the straps and Blake has them. LOVE that look.....reminds me of LSU boys!