Monday, April 19, 2010

What a Weekend.. Whew...!

Let me start today’s post honoring the 15th anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing. So many people lost their lives that day and I know their families are still reeling. I was a sophomore in college and it was the biggest thing to happen in our country in some time. I can still remember where I was that day and how I found out. Please continue to pray for all those involved.

Moving on to the weekend. It was a whirlwind for sure and we didn’t even plan it that way intentionally.

It started out on Friday night where we went to the Charlotte Symphony Guild Designer House Showcase kickoff party at the Metropolitan. Festive event where we toured through 3-killer(million dollar) condos, munched on gourmet food, drank fine wine and I even walked away with a silent auction item(I’m secretly obsessed with silent auctions).

Here we are on the patio of the event. I wish I had a better shot of my dress. I got TONS of compliments(even though my face is a bit bloated here).

We saw our friend Mark at the event. Miss him - we plan to start hanging with him more.

It was Mark, himself, that told us that night he had two tickets to the Saturday matinee of Jersey Boys he couldn't use and gave them to us.

So we went!!

Neither of us had seen this show before and it was FABULOUS!! It tells the story of Frank Valli and the Four Seasons. It has been in Charlotte for weeks and every single show has been a sell-out. I understand why now. If you get a chance to see it -- do it!

Then we rushed home, changed and headed out to SIL and BIL's house.

We had friends in from DC. Here Rebecca is with Robyn(SIL). They made dinner and we all hung out!

Here's baby Ava. She's the daughter of a couple we are good friends with.

And.. Our nephew Reed. He recently got a haircut and kept telling us how much fun it was!! Too cute!

Sunday we went to the lake where Brad got our jet ski up and running. Then we rushed home and I headed out to the airport to volunteer at the USO. WHEW! When I got home? I went to bed.
Now for a busy week and then we head to N. Virginia this weekend! How was your weekend?

7 comments:

The Soladay Family said...

What an awesome weekend you had! I love touring show homes. I'm dying to know what you scored at the silent auction!

I can't believe it's already been 15 years since the Oklahoma bombing. So very sad...

Unknown said...

Oh you'll have fun in NoVA..what are you going up there for? Just to see peeps?

Was a fun weekend, glad you guys were able to make it out!

Sara said...

From what I can see of your dress, it looks very cute!! Y'all were busy-busy. Nonstop.

Yes, please tell us what you scored at the auction.

I haven't seen Jersey Boys, but I've heard it's fabulous. My dad (who does not enjoy musicals) LOVED it. Talked about it for days. So I know it must be good. :)

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

I would love to see Jersey Boys!
And how much do I love your white dress and sassy necklace...you look great!!
xo
Blair

{Kimber} said...

sounds like a super fun weekend!!

The Lenzers said...

great pic of yall friday night. auctions are fun!! sounds like a great, busy weekend

SASS said...

I LOVE silent auctions!!! We went to an event last weekend and I bid (with Tony's number) on a personalized pet oil painting. I didn't win because I got drunk and forgot, but now I really want one of Josie. For right above my vanity. It would be perfect.
Post pics of your dress next time you wear it! Love it with your cropped hair :)