Monday, February 1, 2010

Not Dee's Best Moment

It was at one of these that it all went down.

Due to snow - but more ice - we stayed in for most of the weekend except to venture to Wally World and the gym.

It was Saturday morning at Wally World that I have had better days.

See - one of my biggest dislikes - are the self-checkouts at the grocery stores. I'm okay with them if you have like 2 items but for big loads - they completley piss me off.

Why you ask? Because as you're trying to load items that you already scanned into your cart the woman on the speaker keeps screaming at you to put it back on the checkout. WTF??!! Do they think I'm stealing??

Brad - on the other likes them even knowing that I hate them.

On Saturday there were very few cashiers due to the weather so Brad said. Let's go to the self-checkout and knowing I don't like them - told me to just walk away.

What did I do?? Walked away for a bit but should have just gone to the car.

The woman start screaming at him to put things back on the checkout which resulted in Brad scanning things on accident 2x's. When he was done the bill was like $87! I was like... WHAT!!!???

To make a long story short - I had a meltdown as we figured out that our detergent, sodas and other items were on there twice. It was totally stupid and I should be spanked but lesson learned.

ONLY USE THE SELF-CHECKOUT WHEN I'M NOT AROUND!

All in all. Sorry to Brad. I have had MUCH better days this just did not happen to be one of them.
What are your feelings on the self-checkouts?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you go back over there and have them credit your card? I think I would have done that, even after you got home...and then complain about the speaker lady screaming....tell the manager that bitch needs to chill! ;)

Dee Stephens said...

yes, we got them to correct it but it took the little cashier forever which is when my melt down was occuring..

Anonymous said...

I HATE SELF CHECK OUTS! If I wanted to be a cashier, I would be one, but I'm not. So someone better be doing their job and checking my groceries out for me.
Yes, I hate self check outs...

The Jones Family said...

I'm THE same way. I'll have a few items and see that the lines are TOO long so I'll try to use the self check out which always leaves me flustered and annoyed because of that B telling me to put stuff back, or wait for assistance, etc... UGH! Too funny. Glad to know I'm not the only one either.

Sara said...

Hate em! But, I still use them because I'm an OCD freak when it comes to bagging my groceries. I bring my own bags and I know there's plenty of room for EVERYTHING that I've bought, but the damn baggers (except for Austin!) always try to sneak in a few plastic bags on me. Drives me insane. So, I'd rather just do it myself and deal with the computer nazi. :)

bridechic said...

Forgive me for cracking up but the SCO's are so ineffective. I've never gotten through one without some kind of mishap. Imagine this is how we may have to typically pay for things 10 years from now. Let's hope they work out all the bugs . . .

donatelli98 said...

That is one reason I avoid Walmart as much as possible -they NEVER have enough cashiers no matter what the weather is like. I agree on the self scanners - and if you have kids and they bump the thing - screws it up too!

starnes family said...

I don't mind them, actually. But, I have been busted on the way out of Costco b/c I didn't scan one of my milks. So, it looked like I had been stealing!

Coco said...

I yelled, "WHAT THE HELL!" once at a self check out in Weatherford.
Adam was soooo mad at me.

It happens to the best of us.

SASS said...

I hate those things. I used one once a few years ago to try to buy liquor at a Wally World. I thought I could just go right on through since there was no checker. The bitch on the intercom busted me. They let me go with my tail between my legs.