Friday, February 12, 2010

Crazy Winter - Must Stop!

Okay - seriously...This wacky weather has to stop. I'm getting married in 8-days and people have to be able to get here!!

I'm saying this as I look over at the TV on my desk and see that the Weather Channel says it will start snowing here in Charlotte around 3pm. GREAT! lol

I mean for-reals people. It's snowing in Baton Rouge! The 3rd-snow storm for that area in the past 14-months!

I lived in Baton Rouge most of my life and only saw it snow one time!

And.. don't get me started on Virginia and DC. Check out this picture from one of my soon to be in-laws street in SW Virginia. Insanity!

And.. yes, DC. A friend's house in Alexandria, VA. Craziness.

50% of the people coming to the wedding live in the DC area! Please stop Mother Nature!! Stop now!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Say a prayer...I hope it melts for them. My friend in Warrenton said this morning the main roads are clear now. Let's just hope it stays that way.

starnes family said...

I do love the snow, but hate when it interferes with good plans. I'm hoping for it to stop, Dee!

Allyson and Dave said...

I was just thinking of you and your wedding last night when they were talking about all the snow on the news. I hope it warms up over the next week for you. Sending you some FL sunshine!!!

donatelli98 said...

yes sending lots of prayers hoping everyone can make it there safely next week! Can't believe it is so close now - YEAH!!

donatelli98 said...

PS - if I could package up the 75 degree desert weather they are predicting for next week I would!

The Lenzers said...

we just had record snow here in Dallas too yesterday. it's the most i have ever seen in my life (ok not saying much) as a southern girl except when i have been in the mountains.

Sara said...

It's insane!! We got 11.5 inches here in DFW. Seriously??? That's never happened before.

Crossing my fingers that all your peeps get to your wedding safely!

Don't stress!! It causes breakouts. :) hehe

bridechic said...

I thought about you yesterday because your wedding is next week. I know folks will make every effort to get to your wedding I predict you'll have a magnificent day.
BTW
I do love the Chanel Snow woman

The Jones Family said...

This better be the end of this crazy weather; I need spring NOW!

Praying for clear skies at least for the upcoming wedding!

SASS said...

Thinking about you almost-bride! Hope everything works out...keep us posted! Miss you!!