Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Countdown is On - Wedding Preps

I will not be posting too much longer this week but thought I would give you a glimpse of what my President's Day weekend consisted of. Oh.. BTW - Happy Fat Tuesday!

Anyhoo -- I got a TON done.
* mani and pedi
* worked out and tanned all days
* found something fun to wear on wedding night
* got signs printed out for reception(to advertise our Krispy Kreme favors)
* packed up all the wedding gear into two ginormous duffle bags.
* and our hotel welcome gift bags!

My friend Karen came over and helped me pull them together. As I've said before 75% of everyone coming to the wedding is traveling from out of town. We have 50-rooms booked in our block at the hotel -not including us! That's a recipe for shenanigans!

That means? 50-gift bags. Here's a few of the finished ones.

I used white bags and donned with red and pink(our wedding colors).

We put these mongrammed stickers I ordered from Etsy on the front of each of them. Sorry for the blur.

I added a welcome letter to the handles. A lot of those coming have never been to Charlotte before!

I also included an agenda, and tons of snacks, green teas, water, Tylenol, etc..
My niece is now a vegan so we made her a 'special' bag with fruit, nuts, etc.

Talk about a sense of accomplishment! Now I have to take them over there tomorrow afternoon.
In other wedding news.. I got my last gift from Beth on the wedding countdown.
Check out the fun tote bag with my new initials!

The back says honeymoon! LOVES it!!

I'm working today and tomorrow then it's PARTY TIME! Our first guests arrive tomorrow night from Los Angeles. We're actually cooking dinner for them and they will stay the night with us before we all head to the hotel Thursday.
That means - I have to clean and finish packing tonight! More to come kids!!! Can't believe the week is here!!

10 comments:

The Rand's said...

Hey there! It's Alisha from the Rand Fam.
Congrats on the wedding! Looks like you have everything planned and ready to go. Love the guest travel bags. Super cute idea!
Enjoy your week!

donatelli98 said...

So fun - your bags turned out so cute! You are so on top of everything and seemed so relaxed! Enjoy every minute of it - it will fly by!!

Coco said...

I can't believe it is HERE!!! SOOOO exciting.
The goody bags turned out just precious.

Have fun and I can't wait to hear all about it. Please post tons and tons of pictures.

SASS said...

WEDDING WEEK!!!!
I'm scared of the week before my wedding week. I will be in the middle of finals. AWESOME!
You're so organized! Love the bags & your cute tote. Thanks for reminding me to find something for wedding night. I'm so romantic.
I'm with Coco, post pics when you can!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yippeee it's finally here!!! I hope y'all have a fantastic week and the best weekend of your life!!! Can't wait for wedding pictures.

Sara said...

YAY!!!! So excited for you guys. I hope this is the greatest, most wonderful week of your life. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.

The bags turned out great! We had a destination wedding and had to do hotel bags for all of our guests too. Yours turned out much cuter :)

The Jones Family said...

SO exciting! I can't wait to see pics and hear all about it too.

Your bags are too cute! And I too loves the bag your friend gave you... how freaking cute!

Congrats on your wedding week!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Wedding Week!!! Yay! I can't wait to see pictures! Have so much fun, and don't forget to stop and take it all in!! xoxo

Dee said...

Dang girl...you've been busy! If I don't get to comment you before the wedding I just want to wish you the best of luck! I know you're gonna be a beautiful bride and your wedding is going to be amazing!! Congrat's!!!

starnes family said...

Just saw this post for some reason. I'm late!

So excited, Dee. I can't wait to hear the details!!!!!! Enjoy every minute. You deserve all the happiness ahead.