Tuesday, February 9, 2010

11 Days and Counting

Can you believe that we have only 11-days until we get married!? WOW! Times flies! I have to say the past 6-months have been hectic but awesome!

Let's see:
*planned nearly the whole wedding in 2-weeks thanks to Mom coming to Charlotte.
*we traveled to the family meet and greet/shower in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
*rented my condo out.
* moved into Brad's(now our)place.
*Brad's bachelor party in DC.
* My bachelorette party in the wine country.
* Stock the bar shower.

Of course there are a lot of other things in the middle such as two family deaths, but that's the quick rundown.

Last night I couldn't sleep and I had all sorts of lists running through my head. Hope this stops between now and next week?

I got another package in the mail from Beth yesterday as the countdown continues.
In it -- this Bride hat! Remember my Mom got one back on MLK weekend that said Mother of the Bride.


Then - she sent my Mother this as a gift. How nice is that?

And.. she even had a little something for Dad. Now he will match me and Mom!

A few questions for you now because I know many have offered suggestions in the past.
* Facial - I want to get one this weekend before the wedding that will reduce wrinkles and make me look refreshed. I drink tons of water so I'm not to bad of dehydration. Ideas of what type?
* Rehearsal dinner attire - I have borrowed 2 dresses from my Mom. One being more of a church type dress(cute but conservative) and one more sexy and cocktail like. What do you think? I'm thinking 'sexy'.

7 comments:

donatelli98 said...

No suggestions on the facial - but I can't wait to hear what other people say as I need one badly! I would go with the cocktail dress - sexy!

Sara said...

My face always tends to break out after having a facial, so I would definitely do the most minimal that they offer. And I would do it sooner than later, so that IF your face has a reaction or anything, it will clear up by the wedding day!

Definitely sexy, cocktail dress. Plus, you've been starving yourself so show off that figure, girl!

The Jones Family said...

Sexy dress for sure! It's your night/weekend/day/moment... shine in whatever you feel best in!

As for a facial, I'd ask based on your skin type and tell them of your upcoming event. They will give you some more ideas on which one to do...

Allyson and Dave said...

I am terrified of Facials!! I have heard too many horror stories of people getting burned. But if you have done it before and it works for you then go for it. I just would not try anything that you have never tried before. 11 days...you must be so excited!!

Unknown said...

Sexy!

Monica said...

11 DAYS!!! Yaay!! I can't want to see all the pictures!!

SASS said...

11 DAYS!!!!!!! That is insane!
Sexy dress for sure.
I've heard bad facial stories, too. I use a Biore product that works to slough off all that dead skin and it doesn't hurt or burn. It's their microderm product, about $14 for a tube you can get at Target. That plus a couple of fake bake sessions (real ones, not spray) and a work out and my skin radiates. The only combo that does the trick.
Adorable hats! I need to start searching for bridal gear. Mostly just sweats for day-of. I just realized our wedding being at 6:30 means I have to start getting ready by 10. YIKES. That's a long day.
I can't wait to see all of your pics, Dee! I saw a couple that just had my wanting more! You'll be so beautiful :)