Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Celebrity Likes and Dislikes

This post may offend some but have to put it out there. I use to be totally celebrity crazed! I even interviewed at E! news right out of college and got a freelance offer but didn't take it because my Mom totally flipped out at the idea of me moving out to Los Angeles without full-time work. Maybe it was because I was going to leave a full-time job at TV station to do it?

Anyway - moving on. I'm not as celebrity-crazed anymore. Maybe it's age or the fact that I work in bank TV now?

So today's topic: celebrities that I don't like and celebrities that I do like.
Thought of this post after I saw this particular celebrity on GMA this morning. Lady GaGa.

Not sure what it is - but she gets on my last nerve! I know many of you like her but I don't even like her music. Yeh - the duo with Elton at the Grammys was cool but I'm just not impressed and am VERY tired of hearing about her.

The next celebrity on my dislike list?
Bono. arghhhh..can he be anymore LIBERAL??????!!! Seriously, I'm so freaking tired of hearing about all the good he does. I could go on and on about him and wait for it....I'm not a big fan of U2 either.

Now for the celebrities I truly adore.
This celebrity is and has been top on my list for quite some time.
Drew Barrymore. I totally, for sure would die to meet her! (Funny story - I did see her driving down Melrose Avenue back in 1995 when I spent the summer in Los Angeles. She didn't see me though.LOL)

Miss Drew has transformed herself into quite a woman.

Yeh..yeh.. she had a rocky childhood hanging in clubs and snorting white stuff but she has done a turn around. Actress, producer, model. BTW - love this look she was rocking at the Oscars last year.

2nd on my adore list. Wynonna Judd.
She's had her issues too. Several bad marriages, struggles with weight, etc.

BUT.. she's always been honest and has not tried to be someone she's not. I so love her music. It inspires me....
I've seen her 2x's in concert. Once with her Mom and once with her as a solo artist.

Wynonna.. YOU ROCK!!
What celebs do you like or dislike?

8 comments:

Coco said...

Lady Gaga drove me crazy until I heard an interview with her. She was kind of normal. She does creep me out a bit. The kids like her music, I like a tune or two.
Bono. So liberal, like Sean Penn.

I can't stand Jennifer Love Hewitt and Melissa Joan Hart. They won't go away.

I have a girl crush on Jennifer Anniston and Tina Fey. Love them.

Dee Stephens said...

I almost put Sean Penn on here too! arghh.. can't stand him either!

donatelli98 said...

As soon as I read this I thought of Sean Penn too ... so tired of hearin about him and Bono and their liberal lives. I can't stand Angelina Jolie ... drives me nuts.

Love Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Garner... I do like Drew as well. For boys I like Matthew M and Matt Damon (even if he leans a little to the left).

Dee said...

Lol...if I thought about it long enough I could add a couple of names to this list!

Allyson and Dave said...

I love to hear about who everyone loves and dislikes and their reasons why. You are the complete opposite of us!! But I love that...it makes the world go round. I love Lady Gaga and Dave would marry Bono if he had the chance...I know that is weird but I really think he would. He is that obsessed.

The Jones Family said...

LBJ would be heartbroken to hear you didn't like Lady GaGa; she is OBSESSED. Me, not a huge fan either. She's not as crazy as she seems to be, I saw the same interview Coco, but what's the deal... the attire, the make up, etc. Just weird.

I can't stand Konya or however you spell his dumb name. He's too cocky for my liking.

LOVE Drew, Reese, the two Jennifer's too. I adore Matt M., Ashton, Bradley Cooper, Patrick D, etc...

Too many others to list. :)

SASS said...

With ya on Bono. Gaga is okay, music is catchy, but she can't keep up these looks much longer. She's gotta be tired from trying so hard to outdo Madonna.
I LOVE DREW! The only celeb I would ever want to meet. Obsessed with Chelsea Handler, even more after I've been told TWICE I remind someone of them. Awesome.
Sick of Brangelina. I hope they break up. She's nuts and has corrupted him, I believe. Anyone who has had a vile of blood around their neck or kissed their brother deserves Brad.

teresa-bug said...

Brangelina, Tom Cruise, Drew Barrymore (sorry!), Penelope Cruz and Will Ferrell. I love Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts, Richard Gere, Rob Lowe and Harrison Ford.