Monday, November 23, 2009

This Week's Tidbits

It's a short work week! YAY! I'm getting geared up for the holiday! More on that in a moment.

I am amashed to admit it but it's true. For the first time in 5-years I'm doing what I said I would never do again.

Going to one of these.

Can you believe it? Scary stuff...
I'm doing it because I don't want to look like Casper the ghost in my bridal portrait pictures or for the wedding. Like Sass - I'm a HUGE fan of the spray-on tan but I know that won't work with my white dress.

Therefore - for a short time I'll be fake baking.. literally..YIKES!

Now - on to Thanksgiving. After nearly a full work day on Wednesday Brad, myself and The Buddy will be getting in the car and heading here.

That's right - Atlanta or more commonly called "The A-T-L" in this neck of the woods. My parents live over there and it's only about a 4-hour drive from "The C-L-T"(Charlotte).

It's there that Brad will meet my brother Wesley for the very first time.

He's my older brother by 5-years. He has 3-teenagers but is divorced and they are spending the holiday with their mother in Baton Rouge.

I plan on making several goodies for our holiday weekend including this, one of my favorites.

My Aunt Bobbie's cheeseball. People LOVE..LOVE..LOVE this when I bring it to parties.

Ready for the easy recipe?:
* 2 pkgs of cream cheese
* corned beef(i buy the kind in the prepackaged deli section) 1 or 1 1/2 pkgs depending on how much you want in there.
* cut up green onions(as much as you want)

Roll up into a ball and wrap in Saran Wrap and let sit for at least a day to allow the flavors to soak in. Serve with crackers and BAM! It's slammin' good!

That's it for me today. More tomorrow.. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

teresa-bug said...

I make that exact cheeseball!! I am always so embarrassed when people ask me what it is in it though (chipped beef?!). It is SO good!

SASS said...

YUM! I may or may not have judged it's appearance before hearing what was in it.

You're fake baking?!!? SHAME!! I'm trying to figure out what to do, because you're right, spray tan + wedding dress is a major no-no! Unless your theme color is orange, and then maybe you can get away with it. Let me know how it goes! Cant wait to see pics!

starnes family said...

You'll be happy you tanned. I always feel a bit cuter with some color. Indulge and then stop. It's not healthy long term, but I'm all for it pre-vacation and pre-big event like this!

The Lenzers said...

oh no!!! don't do it...the fake bake, i mean. have safe travels!!!