Friday, November 13, 2009

Bridal Portrait vs. Engagement Pictures

Next in the wedding department? Preps for my bridal portrait. I wanted to wait until after the first of the year to take them but that's been moved up to one month from yesterday! YIKES! Talk about starvation! I guess I need to get my butt to the tanning bed too!

Anyhoo -- a lot of my friends have asked why I am doing a bridal portrait. I guess it's a real Southern thing to do. Not everyone does it? What about you Sass?

My Mom is dead set on it and I want it as well. We will have a big portrait on display at the reception for everyone to see.

We are going to do a lot of the shots in Uptown Charlotte and in a park nearby. I hope to get a shot like this. My photographer actually took these. Click on the photo below to go to his website.

Isn't this one cool too??

So, it was between doing a portrait or engagement pictures of Brad and I. I would have liked both but it's not in the budget. Brad felt like with me being 'documoto' that we had enough good pictures of us together and wanted me to opt for the portrait.

What do you think? Portrait beforehand or wait and take all the pictures the day of the wedding? Are portraits stupid?

3 comments:

SASS said...

Portraits aren't stupid! I didn't know they existed, actually. I'd much rather have a bunch of pictures of myself than Tony crowding all of our engagement photos.

Kinda kidding, but I think we mostly did engagement pics to include the girls and use one for our Save The Dates. We don't have many pics of the 4 of us. And our photographer gives you a discount if you do engagement pics with her.

I think it will be a gorgeous display at the wedding. Also, then you won't feel rushed day of the wedding to take pics. And you're already looking teensy, so don't starve yourself too much ;)

donatelli98 said...

Totally a Southern girl thing - so since you are do it. I wished I would have done some. I can't wait to see them and I agree they will be awesome to display at the reception. You know those Southern Mommas know best!

Monica said...

I don't think portraits are stupid. I am not doing engagement pictures either. Haven't decided on bridal portraits yet. Just don't know if I want to pay to get my hair done and makeup done twice...So, still undecided for me, but I definitely think it's a great thing. My sister had hers on display at the reception.