Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas Card Question

Even though I'm in Thanksgiving mode I am thinking about Christmas cards. I didn't send any out last year because of all the chaos with the economy and giving that I work at a bank I was SUPER nervous about losing my job and didn't want to spend the money.

So the last time I sent them out was 2-years ago and before the Bradster. It was back then that I sent holiday greetings from me and The Buddy. Here's the card I sent in 2007 made on Shutterfly.

I was debating on not sending any out this year giving wedding expense and all the mailing I'm doing for that already. BUT...after thinking about it I've decided to send some out.
The thing is - I'm not big on plain cards. I love getting family pictures on the cards I receive and I think most people are the same?
The question is -- what picture do I put on the card? Brad and I aren't married yet so is it weird to send out cards with us on the front with Buddy like we're already a family? Or does it matter?
I also am thinking about just taking a cute Christmas picture of Buddy and let him be the subject on the front.
What do you guys think?

9 comments:

donatelli98 said...

Send one with the three of you - I think of him as your family - you live together and are engaged ... I love getting Christmas cards, especially with pictures! Costco.com has cheap ones if you are looking to be frugal and they turn out great.

starnes family said...

I love picture cards.....but I like to see my friends on them along with their kids. Put The Buddy in there, but you guys, too!

And, yes, with Brad. Totally appropriate.

The Lenzers said...

Family or Buddy, which ever you want. I'm like you though, love to send and recieve the photo ones!!!

Monica said...

You can totally send it out with all three of you. Bobby didn't want to be in the picture last year so he was the photographer. Here's my card from last year:

http://mphtxaggie.blogspot.com/2008/12/merry-christmas_24.html

Anonymous said...

I say send it with the three of y'all. Y'all are already a sweet little family!!!

Coco said...

My opinion? Don't send one this year. Put some money aside and next year have a beautiful one made of you and Brad at y'alls wedding.

You have enough on your plate right now don't you?

Allyson and Dave said...

If you do pictures I would most definetly put the three of you on there. You are a family!!!I have never sent out a picture card but I love getting them. I always thought I needed a kid to send a picture card. I have no idea how that idea got in my head.

SASS said...

I'm on the fence with that right now, too. We're sending save the dates, invites soon, AND Christmas cards? Depends on if we have a good one from our engagement shoot maybe. I've never done a Christmas card! Even though I'm not married in, I still think we're family. I think if you do one you should do the 3 of you. Cute one from 07!

teresa-bug said...

I guess I am in the minority...but I say no Brad. I am just traditional that way. You have many, many, many years ahead of you for the 2 of you (plus little ones).