Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Wrapup

First off - let me give Casey a big shout out for helping me put up a new background. I so need to figure out all this HTML stuff!

I am so behind on my blogging but we had a super busy weekend.

It started out with our drive from Charlotte over to Atlanta Wednesday afternoon. All I can say is WOW! I have sat in some holiday traffic before but this was downright RIDONKULOUS!

Check out The Buddy being so patient as we sat in the parking lot that was I-85. It generally takes 4-hours for us to get there but on Wednesday it took 6 and 1/2 hours!

When we arrived my Mom was still prepping things for the next day and we got in on the action since we both love to cook. My brother didn't make it in after all so Brad did the duty of injecting the turkey with the cajun seasoning he always makes.

It was a first for Brad and he was really into it!

From there we kicked it with Mom and Dad since we were tired from our drive. As you can see The Buddy is treated like the GrandDog at my parents house. Food from the table? Just wrong...

Then our small but nice family dinner. We usually dress up for the occassion but this year since everyone was involved in cooking we decided to be super casual. Good food and better yet.. good wine! A 2001 Beringer North Coast Sangiovese. My Mom bought 4-years ago on my 30th bday trip to Napa!

The rest of our time in Atlanta was spent taking care of wedding stuff. We had our invitiations for the Arkansas reception(after the CLT wedding) printed and we addressed and stuffed those. They won't go out until after the first of the year but needed to get that done.
We also ordered cake topper and other items..
Because of the massive amount of traffic going to ATL we decided to go home Saturday instead of Sunday.
Just in time to see the Hokies win and the Tigers(barely)win against Arkansas.
Also, when I got home.. I was welcomed by this at my door.

The Owensboro, KY Junior League cookbook. I took part in a Jr. League cookbook swap hosted by another blogger. I sent Beth the Charleston cookbook which happens to be the very first JL cookbook ever in print.
I already have a cookie recipe ready to make for my exchange this weekend!
On Sunday we started getting things ready for the holidays and my party this weekend. First things.. a new light fixture in the dining room.. YAY! One of two builder lights is GONE! This red tablecloth will have a beautiful centerpiece and greenery in the next few days. More to come on that.

Another new item for the house? A 6-bottle wine chiller. We found this at Home Depot for a simple $48! Loving it and it frees up fridge space!

And then of course..we put up the tree yesterday. The Buddy helped by sitting and watching me with he reindeer hat on. Can't believe he kept this thing on most of the day!

And..at night without the sun. Check the pooch out here!
Hope you guys all had a fab holiday. Brad left this morning for Vermont to work all week. My week consists of more decorating and baking!

4 comments:

Coco said...

Love the light. New lighting makes a world of difference.

And Buddy kept the ears on all day? Hilarious.

starnes family said...

Congrats on all the progress you've made!

And, the Tigers? OMG.....what a crazy way to win.

SASS said...

Buddy the GrandDog! So cute! Josie had quite the Thanksgiving--everyone was giving her scraps and crumbs.

Love the wine chiller. $48?! A steal! Another great item I need to jot down for our registry. (Did you guys write down/decide what to get before you even looked at registering? Or did you just go with what you saw and liked?)

Glad you had a great holiday--the new background looks fab!

Allyson and Dave said...

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday!!