Friday, November 20, 2009

Cookie Exchange!

Thanks for all the comments yesterday. I'm kind of liking Coco's advice but not sure...hmm... Brad is into us sending them out though with a picture of me, him and The Buddy.

On to another topic....
Now, like I've mentioned. I'm VERY into Thanksgiving but you have to think ahead for the holidays - right?

I just sent out my invitation(yes, a cheezy EVITE)for what will be my 2nd annual cookie and ornament exchange! I just love these types of events! So fun to get all sorts of holiday cookies and not have to go to the trouble of baking 10 different types yourself! My party will be the first Sunday in December.

My favorite holiday cookie? These sugar cookies below. So pretty too.. don't you think?

I have made these before in the Christmas tree cut. Other cookies I generally bake? Rumballs, traditional chocolate chip, and fun little oreo balls! This year I might try something new though!
What is your favorite holiday cookie? What do you generally bake for the Christmas holidays?

6 comments:

starnes family said...

Crescent moons.....the shortbread pecan type......so delicious. My grandfather's favorite and one I make with the kids.

I also make fudge and chocolate pretzels.....and sugar cookies!

Oh, and don't listen to Coco. She doesn't know anything. Send a card!

I think it would be cute to be creative and do something along the lines of 3 pics.....you + Brad + The Buddy = a family to be! So much you could do this year!

Allyson and Dave said...

I love me some cookies....any kind of cookies. That is actually my moms name...Cookie. Hmmmm....

SASS said...

My mom and I dip any and everything into white and milk chocolate every year. Fun and messy! Pretzel sticks dipped in white chocolate and rolled in crushed peppermint. Or baby pretzels dipped in milk chocolate sprinkled with crushed nuts. You can do so many combos, and they look so cute. Have fun!

Coco said...

I do wedding cookies, peppermint cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies and mud cookies.

I also do chocolate covered pretzels for gifts.

If you have a good sugar cookie recipe, I would love to have it. They scare me.

Look at Casey trying to boss you and tell you how you should do your Christmas card. Sad.

donatelli98 said...

Traditional chocolate chip cookies - crisco recipe - oatmeal/raisin, choc covered pretzels ... I love them all!

Alexis said...

Hockey pucks, these white chocolate concoctions from my great aunt, and speculaas (oh how I love some speculaas!).