Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pride Mountain Wine


My blogging friend Miss Emily Anne gave me the idea for today's post after I read her Thirsty Thursday entry. Check her out - she's a fellow LSU Tiger!

Today she asked about favorite wines. Well, mine is anything Pride Mountain!
I have to tell you my story about how I found out about their wine. (By the way.. I know ya’ll are tired of hearing me talk about wine – so this will the last post about it for a while)

I was the fall of 1998 and I was living in Reno. My Mom came to visit and me, her and my friend Christina took a weekend trip to Napa Valley. Keep in mind this was my first time ever to the area. After a day of tasting and shopping we saw a postcard with a picture of the winery where the 1980’s show Falcon Crest was filmed. OMG! I was stoked – ‘let’s go find it’ I said. A local told us it was on Spring Mountain.

From there we started driving up the mountain until we got to the top. No Falcon Crest winery(it’s called Spring Mountain winery) to be found. Well, let’s just stop at this one. It happened to be Pride Mountain Winery. We got in there and quickly realized this was nothing but a ‘class act’. They had pictures on the wall where their wines had been served at the White House and NATO. Then we tasted the wine….
WOW! Big is the only word I can use to describe it. If you like BIG and BOLD wines their wine is for you. If you’re into wine then you have to check them out. They’ve won all sort of top-notch rankings in Wine Spectator and acclaim in other industry magazines as well.

The hat I have on in my header picture? A Pride Mountain Vineyard hat. Yeppers.. I’m a weirdo…

My favorite of their wines? Any merlot they make. Click on the above picture to check out their website.

BTW – the Falcon Crest winery? Isn’t open to the public anymore which is why we never found it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I will for sure try some Pride Mountain wine!

starnes family said...

Great story! It sounds delicious.

SASS said...

I'm now craving a glass of merlot at 10 am!! It's Friday, right?? :) Cute story!