Tuesday, March 10, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Plans?


Next week at this time there will be a lot of people drinking a Guinness in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day! While I do have some Irish blood in me I’m not one of those die-hard St. Patty’s Day people.
Yes, it’s fun to go out drink beer, see people I don’t see any other time of the year and hear Irish music but I don’t start planning months in advance. Here in Charlotte I’ve been made aware that there will be celebrations and a parade on Saturday and then more celebrations on actual St. Patrick’s Day which is Tuesday.

Brad and I are still deciding on if we’ll go to any of those?

Am I getting old or what? How will you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?


My friend Alexis and I celebrating in Uptown Charlotte last year.

3 comments:

Kara Edwards said...

Chris joined a rowing team through work. They are racing Dragon boats (??) and the first practice is this Saturday. I may tag along just to see if there are any cool things to take pictures of. Otherwise, I plan to lounge by the pool (that is still too cold to get into) and soak in the sun! So- no big St. Patty's plans for us either!

Kara

starnes family said...

We won't do much this year, but did a potluck dinner last year and it was fun!

starnes family said...

PS - I just awarded you!