Friday, March 27, 2009

Sightings while I was in Miami

While in Miami I had all types of interesting sightings. GO FIGURE! It’s Miami right??

The first being at our hotel – The Deauville Beach Resort on Miami Beach - where when I arrived I discovered that there was an event called ‘The Roundup’ going on. This event is an annual meeting at the hotel for recovering addicts whom are gay. Let me tell you what – there were some hot bodies on some of these men and they showed it off in their Speedos!

I didn’t take any pictures of the actual guys and gals there but I did get a shot of their flag they had waving along with the American flag at our pool. I was just recently informed that this is not politically correct – the rainbow flag is NEVER supposed to fly side by side with the US flag. Oh Well!

The other sighting was totally opposite from that but I thought it was very cool. A Harley-Davidson shirt from Baghdad, Iraq and the gentlemen wearing the shirt is a Colonel in the Army and got it when he was doing a tour over there.

I’ve been told by many soldiers that there are TONS of motorcycle dealerships over there that market to the troops. The guys and gals can get these bikes for really cheap and bring them back to the states tax free.

Just a few fun pictures for today happy Friday!

The pool with the flags.

The Harley-Davidson shirt from Iraq.

1 comment:

The Lenzers said...

well it looks like the trip was a success. one day i plan to make it to miami!!! back to reality!!