Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cover Article


I have to say that I’m pretty involved in the Charlotte community and I really enjoy it. One of the many organizations I’m a member of is the Junior League of Charlotte, a volunteer organization for women.

When I first joined the league I had a community placement where I would spend time with at risk youth but 4 years ago that changed when I decided to have an in-league placement writing for the magazine.

As many of you know I’m journalist and spent 10-years producing television newscasts – so this placement is right up my alley.

The magazine is called The CRIER and we put out 4 issues a year and I recently found out that one of my stories is the cover article for the spring issue! What’s even better is that I wrote about a friend of mine who I met hiking!

A few members of the The CRIER staff had a happy hour/dinner last night to look over the proof of the magazine and here are a few pictures of all of us along with a shot of what the cover will look like.

BTW – the article talks about how Carol used her Junior League experience to change careers and become a director of a well-known non-profit here in town, Crisis Assistance Ministries.

Inside the magazine

The article continues...

The CRIER staff (not everyone)

Me, Kim and Jennifer posing for a picture.. goofy! :)

1 comment:

starnes family said...

Congrats on the article! Awesome. I love writing and often wish I had gone into journalism.

Early flights are no big deal if you're going somewhere fun. Enjoy!

PS - Mobile blogging is super easy if you have a camera phone. Check it out. You can take pics and immediately post to your blog.