Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How Do you Relax?

Not too much to talk about today. I'm still recovering from the shingles even though it hasn't been as bad as some have said. I'm pretty sure I caught it early because my symptons have been an aching/itching back and I haven't missed work but feel WIPED out by the end of the day. It's all scabbed over now.


Over the weekend we laid low and I felt great for the most part. I napped,(which I NEVER do), so that probably helped. Brad and I even got out on Sunday in the 80-degree weather and rode bikes and Buddy and I went with a friend for a leisurely hour long walk in the park.

It wasn't my usual bike ride or walk but I felt good for getting out despite a bit of an achy back.


All in all -- I've wondered what caused me to get the shingles? Seems so bizarre giving that I NEVER get sick.

The doctor says it's stress that causes it most of the time? Maybe I am stressed? I don't feel like it?
My co-workers urged me to relax and de-stress over the weekend and here were their suggestions:

* Warm bath and soothing music
* Bottle of wine
* Read a book

Great suggestions even though I'm only a bath person in the winter when it's cold. I get too hot and bored. I'm a shower person.

It had me thinking -- what is my idea of a the perfect, relaxing weekend?

Hmm..
That's not too hard.
My idea of a perfect relaxing weekend will probably make you laugh.
It consists of:
* mountain hiking and/or skiing - to the point where I've gotten a good workout.
* relaxing my sore muscles in a hot tub overlooking mountain views.
* cooking dinner at mountain view house in comfy clothes, while drinking a glass of vino overlooking the mountains.

Can I say mountain one more time? I think I have a problem. I think I'm needing a mountain get away very soon.

What's your idea of a relaxing weekend?

8 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Well I'm happy to hear you've not feeling that bad but sorry to hear you've even had to deal with this.

I'm a shower person too but mostly in part because if I get in the bath, I then have a little one wanting to get in with me too. :)


Relaxing weekend, hmmmm... I see some type of body of water, adult bevs in hand, sunshine, music and my most favorite people around!

Little Match Girl said...

I hope you are feeling better!!

For me, if I am feeling sick, relaxing is being in comfy pants and staying in bed with a great book!

Laura Taylor said...

Hi! found your blog on location central!

I just got back from a Mtn vacation and it was wonderful!

We went through cove mountain realty in pigeon forge and they were very nice and the cabin was wonderful as well with beautiful views!

Check out my blog!

http://lauramtaylor.blogspot.com/

hope you get your getaway soon!

Jenny DB said...

That sounds like a perfect relaxing mountain to me also!!! Except (NOW) for the hot tub part. Oh gosh, I didn't realize shingles was caused by stress. A good cuddle with my pups often helps with that, for me, too... hope your feeling better soon! PS who doesn't love a good nap? :-)

Ashley said...

Well, there is no doubt that you love the mountains :)
I think getting out and being active (like you did) will help you have a speedy recovery! I really do believe in that.

Mrs. Potts said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! I like your idea of a relaxing weekend. Mr. P & I would like to get back to the mountains soon. April I think would be nice.

The Lenzers said...

Hope you keep on recovering! For me relaxing....wine and a book or sitting on the back deck or an adult vacation!

DSS said...

Love, love, love the new look! So presh :)

I am feeling really stressed all of the sudden, but can't figure out why. I'm looking forward to our weekend away. That's what relaxation is for me. Leaving the blackberry behind, and taking a weekend "off" from life :)