Thursday, March 24, 2011

Friends

The weather has been really nice here in Charlotte this week and because of it I have made an effort to leave my high-rise office building each day and eat outside.

It just helps my attitude and overall outlook on the rest of the day. When walking out yesterday with a co-worker another co-worker asked what we were doing and then responded with 'Hippies'.

???
Really?

I don't mind being called a hippy but eating outside makes you a hippy? Whatever! HA!

The point of this post is that today when eating lunch with a co-worker we got on the conversation of friends and friendships.

I haven't talked about it much on here, but Brad and I are really making an effort to meet new people and couples to hang out with.
Not that we don't like the ones we have it's just nice to have new people to go on adventures with and cultivate new friendships.

I was also talking to her about how I have been reevaluating some of my current friendships.

Then she shared this saying with me, that her Mother shared with her:

There Are
Friends for a Reason
Friends for a Season
Then There Are
Friends for Life

Pretty on point, don't you think?
That's all I have for today. Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

The Jones Family said...

You hippy! :) I'm teasing, that is just silly.

Love what your co-worker stated and have come to learn the truth in it.

Good luck on your search!

MCW said...

It is funny how some friends come and go, but there are always constants!

starnes family said...

Makes a lot of sense to me! Hope I'm in the 'friends for life' category. :)

April of Smidge Of This said...

So crazy - I was just having dinner out with Ian and we were talking about our exes (and about how we probably spent too much time with them before breaking up). But then I told him that people are in our lives for a moment, a season, or a lifetime, and we just have to be thankful for the part they play. Then to come home and see this - great minds!

Jo said...

I'm pretty sure eating lunch outdoors doesn't not define the word hippy.

We have had many friends {compliments of the Navy} come into our lives. Some have remained and our relationships have grown, while others have moved along just as we have. I do believe that they have all had their time and a purpose.

Jo

Dee said...

I love that saying! So true!

The Lenzers said...

WTF, eating outside is not hippy, it's fresh air! And I agree about the friend thing