Friday, February 25, 2011

Bloganniversary!

Today marks 2-years since my first blog post! I can't believe how much I have enjoyed blogging. Not to sound cheesy but it has really been one of the best things I've ever done. Just like last year -- I have to give a shout out to my college friend and LSU sorority sister, Casey for my inspiration to blog.
Her dorky family blog drew me in. Click here to read.

In the past 2-years I've made some wonderful friends and really learned the power of blogging when SIL, Robyn was diagnosed with breast cancer back in October. Your donations to her Race for the Cure team was unlike anything I have ever seen.
Truly a network of people that help and support each other.

My first blog post was about our adventure to Lake Tahoe. Brad and I had only been dating 6-months at this point. I had planned for this blog to be about our trips and adventures but I think I've gotten off point with that. Oh..well..

In other news today...
My friend Beth in San Fran had her baby last night!! A little girl named Dylan Sierra J--. Perfect since her hubby goes by DJ. They now have another DJ in the house! I love Sierra for a California baby..named after the Sierra mountain range.
Congrats kids!

Lastly, on this Friday. Dee has the shingles. Yeppers..sucky. The rash on my back popped up Monday and I had Brad look at it. I thought it might be eczema but then started googling and figured it might be shingles. Brad made fun of me, as usual, about being a WebMD. Well, guess what. WebMD aka Dee, was right this time.
It hurts but it looks like I might have caught it early. Let's hope so!
Thanks for joining me today for my blog anniversary!

18 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Blogiversary!

That is crummy about the Shingles. I've heard that is really painful so take care of yourself this weekend! I think it calls for an extra foot rub from hubby! :)

The Jones Family said...

2 years, that's exciting!

Poor thing! I hope you feel better soon :(

starnes family said...

Dorky family blog = awesome.

Yay for 2 years! So happy we're in touch.

donatelli98 said...

I love how you referred to Casey's blog - priceless!! Congrats and hope you feel better soon!!

The Lenzers said...

sorry to hear about the shingles thing! wierd that you got it. Happy blogiversary-you are so good at, and glad I found you!! I heart lake tahoe!!!

I Do Declare said...

So many anniversaries for you this month! I hope the shingles clear! I have to keep myself off WebMD, too - I've misdiagnosed SO many really crazy things! Glad you got it right! Happy Friday!

MCW said...

So glad you started blogging too!

Shingles? Ah! I head they are so painful. I hope you get better soon!

Ashley said...

HAPPY Blogiversary!
ANd, weird about the shingles, becaues I just heard of 2 people in the past couple days having it, and I didnt think it was that common. I hope you feel better soon!
Congrats to your friend! My male best friend has the middle name Sierra becaues his mom is from CA.

teresa-bug said...

Oh no...shingles!! Take care of yourself, I have heard that that is not fun!

Deviled Megs said...

Happy Blogiversary!!

love jenny xoxo said...

Happy Anniversary!! Keep it up! And congrats to your friends on the healthy baby!!

Have a great weekend!

XOXO

http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.com

Summer Athena said...

yay for blogging! we got to meet. lsu ladies! i had no clue casey was your sorority sis.

shingles sounds like no fun at all, btw. :(

and i love the name dylan for a boy and a girl and it is on our list.

Nikki said...

Happy Bloggiversary! Hope you're feeling better soon. My Grandma keeps getting the shingles too. So painful.

DSS said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Crap about those shingles :( I don't know much about them, but I do know they hurt like the dickens. Hopefully you will be able to relax a bit this weekend anyway?

Jo said...

Oh, I hope this finds you feeling better. My son came down with shingles at 5 years old ~ the pain he was in just about broke my heart!

Happy anninversary. I'm just catching up with you and left a comment on your wedding anniversary. So sorry I missed it on your special day.

Have a great weekend ~
Jo

FROGGITY! said...

happy blogiversary! time flies...

SHINGLES! no FUN! i wish you a speedy recovery.

Newlywed Next Door said...

Happy bloggyversary!

OMG about the Shingles! Hope you feel better soon.

Jessica said...

Happy blogoversary! PS your doggy is adorable! I'm from Charlotte so was excited to find your blog!! Although now that I'm living in NYC I'm missing my Carolina warmth!