Friday, March 18, 2011

Bloggers that don't Blog Anymore?

As many of you know I have been at this blogging thing for just over 2-years. I've gotten so much out of it and made some really cool friends. It would be cooler to actually meet a lot of you in person and hopefully in time I will.

But -- in looking through my blog roll today I can't help and notice several people who I was in touch with when I first started blogging that haven't posted in weeks, months, even a year. It makes me sad.

Is that weird?

I think I'm going to send a few of them emails to see what they've been up to and why they quit or are taking a break.

The same goes with friends who I know in real life that have started blogs. Some of them only posted once and their blog sits there empty.

I guess it does take a lot of time to do this blogging thing and maybe I have more time than the average person?

Am I the only one who has experienced this or feels this way?

As for what's going on here --the weather is awesome here today! 80-degrees! We're meeting up with a new couple tonight that just moved to town -- very excited about making new friends! Then tomorrow we're heading up to the lake for our first pontoon ride of 2011. Buddy is already gearing up for it! And..so are we!
TGIF!

11 comments:

MCW said...

It does happen! I actually get worried sometimes about them and have sent out emails just to make sure everyone is ok!

Nikki said...

I hunt them down and demand answers ;) It is time consuming I see why people abandon. Perhaps you don't have more time, but better time management? I worry too though. I just checked in with someone on facebook to make sure they were alive.

Allyson and Dave said...

I feel like I loose a friend when someone abandons their blog. I always wonder what they are up to.

Mandy said...

I love that you keep up with your blog AND I also love when you send me little blogging notes of encouragement to me too! Hope you guys are enjoying some sun this weekend!

Tara said...

I took an unplanned break for a few months this winter, and now I try to post at least a couple of times a week, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I have three small children and sometimes life just gets in the way!

Monica said...

I totally feel the same way. I LOVE reading blogs in my down time, but I have noticed that many of my friends have stopped blogging too. I have slowed my pace quite a bit too. I vow to do better.

Unknown said...

I get sad when blog buddies disappear, too. It's hard to keep up with so I understand. Hope y'all had fun on the boat!!

donatelli98 said...

I am guilty of it - just can't seem to find the time lately. I will try to do better!!

DSS said...

I was just having the same thought myself 2 weeks ago. Where have my blog friends gone? I mean some of them have somewhat dwindled off, but I feel like at some point we messaged all of the time. YOu are a good friend to reach out to them :) I should probably do that too.

It does take a bit of time, I suppose, but I wouldn't give it up for the world!

Mrs. Potts said...

I feel the same way too. Although, I swear there are weeks where I don't have a second to think of anything but work...sad, no?

The weekend was FABULOUS!!!

starnes family said...

I think some people just get burnt out. Hopefully they'll return. I always recommend NOT blogging unless your heart is into it. It should be fun!