Friday, March 11, 2011

Time to Cheer Things Up

Thanks for all your kind words regarding my Grandmother. She really lived a long life and I'm glad I got as much time with her as I did. Most people don't live to be 95!

I'm not traveling to Arkansas giving that I was here with her this past week. I got to see her Friday before she quit responding and I got to see her last night before they shipped her off to Arkansas.
My Dad has been here with us too for the better part of a week and we've really been here for him as well.

So, as we enter the weekend I'm trying to celebrate her life and be more cheery! It's time to turn the frowns upside down. This past 3 weeks have been crazy around here with me having the shingles and the loss of loved ones.

I'll start with our new Bob Timberlake piece that we got for our one year anniversary. Brad went and picked it up last week.
I love it! As Brad said -- it's everything I love about NC. The mountains -- especially Grandfather Mountain.

Our friends Beth and DJ sent us a one-year anniversary gift. Buddy LOVES gifts, packages, you name it.
I think he thinks they are for him. Here he is last week when it arrived. (Notice Brad playing PS3 in the background)

Gotta sniff it out!!

TA DAH!! Monogrammed toilet paper in honor of our 1st anniversary. The first anniversary is paper-hence why she decided on this. HA!!
Check Buddy still trying to sniff it out.

Perfect for the guest bathroom! Brad says it looks good but it's not any Charmin!! HAHA! I guess they are not worried about how it feels on your bum.

Also, last week -- we went out for one of our bowling teammate's birthday. Guess what!? Brad was the only guy!
Oops! He actually didn't mind. He's taking this picture.

We enjoyed sushi at a fairly new restaurant in town named Cowfish. Pretty fun place!

And guess who was there? The wrestler, Ric Flair.
Most of you are probably asking yourself -- who? Well, he's sorta famous in this neck of the woods.
WOOOO!!!!
Click here to read about who he is.

Cheesy but funny.

We're laying low this weekend. I plan on making this tonight from my favorite blog. Gina's Skinny Taste.
If you haven't checked it out do so now.
Again, thanks again for all your kind words. It means a lot.

8 comments:

I Do Declare said...

I love your fancy TP. I hope sweet Buddy got a prize, too - hee!

DSS said...

Well, you KNOW I know who Rick Flair is. hahaha...craziness that you saw him. Hulk Hogan was here at some point, and I couldn't believe how crazy people still go over him.

And that TP! What a clever idea! I'm totally gonna steal it :)

love jenny xoxo said...

LOL that paper gift is too funny! Sounds like you have amazing friends!

XOXO

Unknown said...

Buddy the Beagle is too cute! I need to introduce him to my beagle baby, Molly! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing Gina Skinny's Taste-I can't wait to explore it!

Nikki said...

Have a great weekend Dee! Now I really want sushi after seeing this post.

Way to celebrate the good things in life. Including bathroom habits ;) Too funny!

starnes family said...

Cute! You take the best photos. Of yourself!!!!!!

The Lenzers said...

gorgeous picture! I'm glad you are remembering the good times with mawmaw. How funny going out and Brad being the only guy, that has happened with mark before but never with that many!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.