Thursday, January 14, 2010

Where's Buddy?

Happy Thursday! Sure wish it was Friday but it's not. Boohoo! At least I have a 3-day weekend this weekend! I'm heading over to Atlanta to see my parents and get wedding stuff done. woohoo!

Back to what's important - my blog post for today. The other night Brad and I left Buddy in the living room where he was laying flat on a blanket. When we came back in the room a few minutes later we found Buddy like this.

What in the world? It's been cold here so maybe he was trying to get warm?

We started saying --'Where's The Buddy?!'.. and then he started to emerge.

Slowly but surely..

Then.. WHAM! There he is! Little man was getting his snuggle on..

In other news.. we met with the Army Chaplain last night. As I mentioned he will be marrying us.
He spent about an hour or so with us just trying to get to know a little bit about the two of us.
Here's one part of the conversation:
Chaplain: Have you guys talked about whether you want to have children?
Me and Brad: Nodded our heads yes.
Then Brad: Yes, scarey stuff though.
Chaplain: Yes it is, but it's kind of like being deployed to Iraq. Before it happens you're scared to death but once it happens and you're in the trenches and you're just fine.
WOW!
That's all I have for today. CIAO!

7 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Poor guy he's cold. My dogs hate blankets on them...crazy!

Sara said...

The Buddy pictures are great! Cute, little fella!

Wow...comparing having children to being in the trenches of Iraq?? I feel like a superhero right now.

Anonymous said...

Buddy & my Sophie could snuggle in the blanket together. Sophie will disappear for hours, then finally come crawling out of the blanket on the sofa.

The Jones Family said...

That's too cute...

That comparison is interesting. Do we get a metal them? I'm teasing, but it sure feels like a battle some days!

Monica said...

Buddy is awesome! My dogs both get completely underneath blankets. At first I was afraid they would suffocate, but that's the way they both sleep at night. Even if they are just in the TV room with us they have to be completely under a blanket like that. So, we have blankets or sheets in all the rooms for them to get under. Good grief!!

SASS said...

Buddy!! So funny. Josie & Buddy need to hang out. They would be BFFs for sure. I wish we lived closer!

We met with the pastor/ family friend marrying us last weekend. I LOVE talking about our relationship, our feelings, our future. Tony does it, but is not nearly as amused as I am. Ha!
Trenches of Iraq? YIKES. Brad thinks it's scary, how cute. Yall are getting so close! What's the date again?

donatelli98 said...

I love Brad's comment. I agree that once you are in the trenches of parenthood you learn to sink or swim! Y'all will be great!