Friday, January 15, 2010

Marriage

Did I tell you I'm marrying my best friend? Oh.. that's right I did.

Seriously...

I could not be any happier that I waited for the RIGHT GUY for me. Perfect match... We are both:
adventurous
happy about life
energetic
family oriented
out-going(even though I might be a little more over the top on this than him..haha!)
and the list could go on..

We are going to get our marriage license today and I am excited! Not only will it be another thing I can mark off my list but it is just one step closer to becoming Mrs. Stephens! I have thought a lot about changing the name of my blog after the wedding but I don't think I will. I am an indepedent woman and I think it's just fine? What do you think?

Back to the marriage thing.
When we met with the Chaplain the other night he asked if it was the first marriage for both and we said YES! I told him that this was super, duper important to me because....

My parents are still married and have been for over 40-years. I would like to do the same. I WILL do the same.

and guess what? Brad's parents are still married too! First and only marriage for them as well! How cool are we?

I think I might have mentioned it before -- but - I am so happy about this that I will have both of the parents wedding pictures displayed at our wedding. Cool or what?
Well, enough on the marriage thing.

On to another topic..

Guess what I can't quit thinking about? ASIDE from the wedding!
This............................

I so very badly want to go skiing out West this year. boohoo.. I see commercials and people's pictures on FBook and it makes me downright JEALOUS..
The West thing won't happen this year but I am happy to say that the day after the wedding we will head up to the Blue Ridge Mountains to a ski-in and ski-out chalet for a few days. Mole-hills in comparison to the Rockies or the Sierras but oh.. well. At least I'll be able to get my ski on!
Well, love you all! TGIF! To the ATL I go tonight! CIAO!

4 comments:

starnes family said...

I, too, am adjusting to the lack of mountain skiing, but we're still having fun and the kids are learning. I'll take it!

Love the parents' wedding pics at the wedding. Beautiful.

And, yes, I think you should change your name. I'm an old fashioned girl, though.

The Jones Family said...

Love the idea of both parents still being together; doesn't happen often enough in today's day and age... myself included.

My in-laws have been married for 43 years. I admire them.

donatelli98 said...

Great idea with the parents wedding pics - very rare occurrence! I am hoping we will change the trend in my family!

Coco said...

My parents are still married, I love being able to say that.

You should totally change your last name. Of course.