Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Few Questions

Nothing big going on today except more wedding 'to do's'

Two questions for you guys today.

#1. Mother/Son Wedding Dance songs. Suggestions? Brad doesn't want anything song that makes it feel like he should make out with his Mom AND he wants something short and sweet.

His Mom suggested It's a Wonderful World -- but that's what she danced to at his brother's wedding and I would like to change it up.
Please send my way..PLEASE!

#2. What is the time frame on when people should take down their Christmas decorations???

Seriously.......................................it is January 20th and some of our neighbors still have lights, wreaths and even freaking trees up.

Maybe I'm just anal but this DRIVES ME NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lazy a-holes! Get off your butt and take them down!
Sorry for the rant..
AND.. notice the background change?? Nice.. finally figured out how to do it all by myself. I would like one of those cute banners like some of you have but still can't figure out scrapblog. Yes, I've tried..oh well..
Happy Humpday!

8 comments:

donatelli98 said...

Decorations should be down just after the first or by the first. Doesn't your homeowners assoc. have rules? No ideas on songs - I like It's a Wondferful World but agree you should be different. Check out this site ... http://www.secretweddingsongs.com/mother-and-son-dance-songs.html

Carrie Darney said...

how about "just the way you look tonight"...that's the one that me and my dad danced to because it wasn't sappy or sad...

Sara said...

I'm with Carrie....that's the song my dad and I danced to as well. But it works for mother/son too.

Or Unforgettable....love that song! I also love: Could I have this Dance? I think it's by Ann Murray???


And yes, Christmas decor should be gone, gone, GONE. Although....my hubby just now took our lights down on the deck. He wanted to keep them up all year because he liked the look of them. Um...no, I put a kabash! on that idea.

Alayna said...

I like "What a difference you've made in my life" by Ronnie Milsap. Others:
http://www.wedalert.com/songs/motherson/index.asp

The Jones Family said...

Awe, my dad and I danced to that song too.

I'm thinking about some songs, I'll get back to you :)

Xmas decorations should be down by the first or right after, I agree... LAZY!

Allyson and Dave said...

Decorations come down on the 1st or the couple of days following....depending on how great NYE was. Anything after that we can all complain about.

Dave and his Mom danced to One Particular Harbor my Jimmy Buffet...it has nothing to do with a Mother Son relationship but it was an island beach wedding and they both love the song. He grew up listening to it with her and sining along. It just made sense.

SASS said...

I still have ours in the yard. Lights are off, but still there. Sign in the yard, garland, berries, ribbon, and doormat. But, my excuse is that there's still snow on the ground and don't really want it melting in the garage. Otherwise, that bugs the hell out of me.

I'm stuck on a song for that, too. Tony has ZERO ideas! Let me know of your findings!

Love your new look. Scrapblog is super fun, but super time-consuming :P

Emily Popovich said...

"How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor is a great yet not sappy song for a mother-son dance.